Southern Bay Race Week

Started by Michael Gravitt, January 01, 2012, 05:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Gravitt

I would like to try again to get some boats to Southern Bay Race Week.  There is a big interest in the Viper here but very few people have seen them in action.  We need at least five boats for a start.  As before I can get storage for boats if needed.  The race is June 1-3.  Great parties lots of Goslings Rum and great bands. Use the following link to take a look. Big regatta!     http://www.hamptonyc.com/sbrw/

David Furna

I'm in Mike, hope we can get 5 or the phrf nazis won't let us play

Michael Gravitt

You are the man... It's a great regatta. Once people come they will keep coming back. Keep me informed on things going on down your way.

Jimmy Haines

I am hoping to get a boat for SBRW, and can get a boat for NOODS. Is there any hope that there will be enough boats for SBRW and/or Annapolis NOODS for an OD start?

Michael Gravitt

I talked to the POC for the Annapolis NOODs and they pretty much told me that they did not have room. The Yacht club was only for their boats. I looked some but logistically during the regatta it was a nightmare. One of the marina's is being renovated and all of those boats are scattered about. If someone has any ideas... I would love to go up there. Only 3 hrs away for me.

Michael Gravitt

Looks like we have three boats for SBRW. Need two more for a start. I know if boats come to this regatta they will keep coming back. Great regatta.

Dan Tucker

Annapolis NOOD- We have arranged storage post-Charleston, and drysailing at the Annapolis Sailing School for the regatta. As we have a demo scheduled the following weekend, we'd really like to have a few more boats sign up for NOOD!
Race it like you stole it.