Sarnia Yacht Club One Design Regatta July 2-4

Started by Lee Shuckerow, April 16, 2010, 03:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Shuckerow

Sarnia Yacht Club presents the 2010 Ontario Championships sailing on the Great Lake Huron. This is a fantastic regatta started several years ago by the Doyle Boston sails to host a one design regatta for Ultimate 20s, it then spread to S2 7.9s and we are now inviting Viper 640s to attend.

This is one of my favorite regattas and if I remember correctly we have never had fewer than 10 races on this weekend. It has a trailer in/trailer out friendly set up at Sarnia Yacht Club. First start on Friday July 2 is at 2pm so we can all rig up on friday morning. Last start on sunday is by 12 noon July 4 so we can all get home early. Its a family friendly experience and everyone is welcome.

PS Its very inexpensive and will be a great practice for the PanAm CORK regatta in August. If anyone wants to leave their boat in the area for CORK we will do our best to accommodate you.

Check out
http://www.sarniayachtclub.on.ca/racing.html
http://doyleboston.com/
Jackpot  #235

Brad Boston

SARNIA ONE-DESIGN REGATTA
Ontario Championships

JULY 2ND, 3RD & 4TH 2010

SARNIA YACHT CLUB, SARNIA ONTARIO CANADA

S2 7.9
ULTIMATE 20
VIPER 640

Three days of racing (pending class decision)

Friday 3-4 races Social at the Club
Saturday 4-5 races Social at the Club
Sunday 2 races Awards and pack up

Fee?s $50.00 US/CAN

Dockage and ramp available at SYC and is included in the entry fee.

Friday night get together to be arranged
Saturday social event planned at SYC clubhouse -$10.00 per person
Sunday muchies-free
Awards to be presented on Sunday afternoon after racing
No races to be started after 2 pm on Sunday

For more information contact [email protected]

Lee Shuckerow

Jackpot  #235

Kelly Bechard

Anyone else planning to join us in Sarnia July 2-4? This is a great regatta. We start Friday afternoon so you can rig in the morning and finish Sunday by Noon so people can get on the road. Even with the shortened days we always get 10-14 races every year.

Matt Rowlinson

Grendel is in for this.  Nice meeting you this weekend Kelly--

Matt CAN 70

Kelly Bechard

We currently have 7 boats attending

# 119, #57, CAN70, #117, #118,  #109 and #87

Kelly Bechard

A great weekend of racing!
We had 7 boats sail 11 races this weekend in Sarnia. Conditions were great for the Viper with flat water and mostly 10-15 knot winds with some higher gusts. The racing was close many position changes and 7 boats often rounding marks all at the same time. Thanks to all who travelled to Sarnia to race this weekend.

Pictures from Friday and Saturday are posted at http://doyleboston.phanfare.com/4735901. Pictures from Sunday will also be added to that site.

Lee Shuckerow

Sorry i missed. Ive heard a lot of great stories so far and it seemed like my boat was in harms way a few times but thats okay. All is good though. We are taking our boat and Guggenheims boat to newport this weekend and we hope to have some cold beers with the great people in the viper fleet. Ciau!
Jackpot  #235