Sarasota 2021 Winter Series Registration is Live!

Started by Travis Yates, December 07, 2020, 12:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis Yates

Hey Viper Friends! I am thrilled to let you know that the registration for the 2021 Viper & VX One Sarasota Winter Series is up, live, and ready for you to sign up and let me know you are ready for some great sailing. With the support of our friends at Sail22 and MarkSetBot and our always fantastic staff and volunteers at Sarasota Sailing Squadron, I am very confident that we will be able to offer fantastic racing on the water and a COVID-safe and highly hospitable shoreside experience in our wonderful city in the sun.

Using the link below, you should be able to register for any combination of the three events AND pre-pay for onsite storage for the times between the events and early arrival or late departure. We will be shooting for a three-day event in March and have set the dates to allow and encourage teams to also sail in Miami in March. As always, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need any help in making your plans or logistics work out. See you down here! [email protected]

https://www.regattanetwork.com/event/21490
Sidewinder
USA #244
Sarasota Sailing Squadron

Travis Yates

Don't forget to get your bow numbers order, delivered, and on before you show up to sail the event. They will be required equipment and NOT available onsite. If you need them sent here to meet you and the boat, shoot me an email and you can have them mailed to my house or office.
Sidewinder
USA #244

Travis Yates

Hey All My Viper Friends,
I am sadly facing the fact that Feb 13-14 is probably not going to see Vipers on Sarasota Bay. I fully understand the reality of the world we are all living in right now and know you would all be here if you could. IF there are some of you that ARE planning to be here but are not registered yet, please send me an email ([email protected]) and let me know in the next 48hours. If we don't get 4-5 more boats registered I am going to plan on keeping the 'genie in the bottle' for Feb and focus on working to host you all in March for a three-day event (19-21st).

Ed from Sail22 ran an epic Jan event #1 two weeks ago for the VXOnes (they loaned me one so I got to sail:) and his use of the MarkSetBots made 7 races on Sunday (10am first start and drinking beers on the dock by 3:15) super possible in shifty breeze after getting blown off the water after one race on Saturday. Ed should be here in March as PRO and we have an option to have to different robot windward marks so course adjustments can be made on the fly for two fleets. We also have the option to get Trac-Tracs on all boats and run a fully automated event with full electronic starting, finishing and on course tracking and replay. I have to book and find a way to pay for the Trac-Tracs so would need some healthy pre-registration.

You can register for March or even Feb here: https://www.regattanetwork.com/event/21490

Missing you all, look forward some solid Viper sailing and social time when it next makes sense to do,
Trav
Sidewinder
USA #244

Travis Yates

Hey All,
I am officially bagging it for Feb in Sarasota. Please let me know by email if you have any inkling of showing up in March... so I can decide how much I should invest in making it happen logistically/mentally.  [email protected] Thanks, Travis
Sidewinder
USA #244

Travis Yates

Calling all Vipers,
I/we just hosted another great VXOne event down here in Sarasota with 24 teams on the line for great racing in the sunshine and I am going to again try to get enough interest from my fellow Viper owners to get a Viper start for March 19th-21st for three days of what should be some epic conditions here on the Bay. As of right now, I have Peter Ill, Henry Amthor, Cliff Farrah and myself committed.
For planning reasons (personal and event-based) I need to figure out in the very short term if we are going to have Vipers here to sail or not... IF you or someone you know is on the fence or planning to sail, PLEASE send me a quick email ([email protected]) so I can get you accounted for in my planning.
I am going to give it until Feb 21st to make the go OR no-go decision, so I need to hear from you now if you want to show your Viper and crew some love and get them both out on the water and out of the cold!
Thanks,
Travis
Sidewinder
USA #244

Travis Yates

Hello Viper-World,
I greatly appreciate the emails of support some of you sent to say hi, and that we will see you down in Sarasota next winter. I/we very much look forward to seeing you down here next winter and hope to see you on the water somewhere on the Class schedule before then. For those of you registered for the March Sarasota event, I will process your refund and cancel registrations shortly.
Keep safe,
Travis
Sidewinder
USA #244