Sailing Anarchy ISAF Regatta - West Coast Crown

Started by Drew Harper, June 09, 2010, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Harper

The West Coast is focusing on hosting our biggest event ever at the Sailing Anarchy ISAF regatta Sept 25-26 in San Diego out of Coronado YC (aka Heaven)

Paul Young (Rondar Owner) and with luck Justin Scott (Class President) will join hopefully 15-18 Vipers on the line for this Epic event.

Flat water and hopefully some fresh sea breeze fill in the spaces between the parties.

I'm trying to organize a "Family Friday" regatta where you bring along Wife and Kids for fun. Water Balloon Fight, Laughs and a BBQ on Friday night at the Club.

What say yeee?

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Phillip Davis

So who's got a spot on their rail from a Snake from Texas for the ISAF?

Drew Harper

Quote from: Phillip Davis on June 11, 2010, 02:55:45 PM
So who's got a spot on their rail from a Snake from Texas for the ISAF?

Bring your boat. I'm trying to convince Jeff J to build that multi-boat hauler so all you Texans can come play in 'Dago !!

Tim Carter

Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

Update-

Paul Young is flying out. He'll be running the coaching/photo boat on the water. We currently have verbal commitments from all 3 of the 4 new boats up in the PNW.

We're pushing for 15 boats...let's get this done.

Regatta is now 3 days...live bands both Fri and Sat night. Over 100 sporties on the water...woohoo!

Nick Hayes (Saving Sailing) and Dave Ullman are scheduled to speak.

This is going to be a VERY fun event!!!

Drew Harper

It's our biggest start out West. Still pushing for 15+ boats !!

More to come....hopefully

If you are on the fence, please jump off and come sailing in San Diego with us end of Sept.

This is a HUGELY fun event !!

http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=332

Greg Jackson

Nice line up so far!

Who's gonna be out on Thursday? We should be in the water and ready to tune around 1ish...

USA 72 Chimaera
GBR 601 Clown School
USA 31 Coup de Rouge
USA 133 Dilligaf
GBR 138 Disaster Area
USA 131 Dragonfly
USA 46 heroin
USA 71 Hydra
USA 130 Mr Potato Head
USA 126 Naga
USA 104 Viral
USA 53 Wileys Revenge

Tim Carter

We'll be there Greg, should roll in by 10ish...

Timbo
Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

We are there Weds AM. Paul Young will arrive then too. Hoping to get the RIB out with Paul on it Thursday for the Tune Up.

Everyone should be chatting it up with Viper owner/friends to make sure we get damn near 100% turnout.

No reason we can't have 17 boats !!!

Olaf Bleck

Anyone need crew...?   Or got a spare boat?  This sounds like it'd be worth a little travel from the other coast!
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Drew Harper

Quote from: Olaf Bleck on September 06, 2010, 02:24:23 PM
Anyone need crew...?   Or got a spare boat?  This sounds like it'd be worth a little travel from the other coast!

There is a spare boat in Tucson AZ. About a 6 hour drive to SD. Cool CST Carbon stick too :-)

There's an unused boat in Phx too, but I haven't heard back from the owner on that one.

Greg Jackson

The Arizona boats have a tune up day tomorrow for this... 108 degrees on Lake "Pleasant!"

See ya'll around nine...

Looking forward to seeing the peeps from LBRW and the newbies to the class in SD on Thursday!

Greg Jackson

Great seeing all the old folks and great to see the new!

Great job by Viper newbie Chris Winnard on the class win!

I took the liberty of going through sport boat B finish to weed out the slow boats and creat a Viper only finnish list. Let me know if I mixed up some information... four hours of sleep before going to the office this morning ;)

Get ready for next years tour d'left coast starting out here in Sunny (and stink'in hot) AZ, January 14th - 16th! Let's hear your thoughts on two or three day event...

Greg
USA 46

Tim Carter

Thanks Greg,

I was great to see all the Vipes, old & new...

I think we need to find the results from Fridays Racing also...  I think they were being factored into the West Coast Circuit...

Again, thank you all for coming, the snakes put up a great show and I know we won the party..  :)

Time to put the list together for next year........

Timbo
Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

Quote from: Timothy Carter on September 27, 2010, 02:12:45 PM

I think we need to find the results from Fridays Racing also...  I think they were being factored into the West Coast Circuit...

Friday is now included. Somehow I must have forgotton about that about that day. Hmmn...