Sail Newport 2011 Newport Regatta, July 9-10, 2011

Started by Olaf Bleck, May 24, 2011, 12:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olaf Bleck

Sail Newport Writes:

Sail Newport is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 2011 Newport Regatta.  The regatta will take place July 9 ? 10.

2011 marks the 28th anniversary of New England?s premiere one-design event, open to boats of over 20 different classes.  There is something for everyone during two intense days of racing on the waters of Narragansett Bay and Rhode Island Sound.  With support from Barrington Yacht Club, Coasters Harbor Navy Yacht Club, Ida Lewis Yacht Club, Newport Yacht Club, and New York Yacht Club, this year?s event promises to raise the bar in terms of fun, fair and entertaining competition.  Check out the registration page and sign up to spend a spectacular weekend on the water in Newport!

401-846-1983
http://www.sailnewport.org

(Sign up now--don't have to pay yet.)

Note: This was the "Coastal Living" Regatta last year

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Dave Nickerson

Anderson Reggio has joined Sail Newport as their full time Regatta Director.  He's a great PRO (and yes, it is genetic - Luigi of AC fame is his dad). 

Anderson assures me that we will have great race management this year on the Viper course and will supervise it himself if he has to. 

Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Fletcher

Doesn't look like there are many people signed up for this.  Anybody know what the deal is on storage at Sail Newport after Bacardi?
Viper 207 Back in Business

Zach Freeborn

You'll need to contact Vinnie at Sail Newport ([email protected]) to arrange storage between events.
#85 "Greenthumb"
Newport, RI

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Fletcher on June 20, 2011, 12:08:23 PM

Doesn't look like there are many people signed up for this.  Anybody know what the deal is on storage at Sail Newport after Bacardi?

I think the PR has been limited on account of Bacardi this weekend.  I'll be at both.

Olaf Bleck

Priceline name your own for Middletown, RI 2stars yielded the Travel Lodge for an $80 bid, $282.50 total.

See you there.

Jep Peacock

Hey Guys,
We need more Boats!!!  I'm hoping we can twist Live Wire's (122) arm to attend. Who else can make it? Right now were at 6.
Jep

Paul Zimmerman

Quote from: Jep Peacock on June 30, 2011, 10:50:36 AM
Hey Guys,
We need more Boats!!!  I'm hoping we can twist Live Wire's (122) arm to attend. Who else can make it? Right now were at 6.
Jep

Are ALL the Newport guys coming to MHD race week at the end of July?

Jep Peacock

Not sure. Should be a no brainer. I'll start beating the drum for MHRW and we can offer some lodging if that would help get some of you guys down here.
Jep

Dan Tucker

What's the entry fee? I couldn't find it without actually registering...

I've figured out that I've spent 11 full days racing Vipers since January. Only 1 of those at home in Marblehead!

I'm still vacillating about returning to Newport in a 2 week time span...
Race it like you stole it.

Jep Peacock

Hey Dan! You're coming to Newport! You said you would after the second round of Mudslides on Block Island Saturday night. I have witnesses. Registration is $150.

Peter Beardsley

Best way to get boats to sign up in this era of online registration is to get all of the local boats signed up first.  Only 3 of the 7 or 8 Newport boats are signed up right now even though I'm sure most will be racing.  I know of at least one fence sitter from our fleet who wants to know how many boats are coming before he signs up -- of course, this leads to a self perpetuating cycle, but rally the local troops and then suddenly you'll have 10 entries, which will probably cause it to snowball to 12-15 entries once people see how many boats are signed up. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Jep Peacock on June 30, 2011, 02:46:06 PM
Hey Dan! You're coming to Newport! You said you would after the second round of Mudslides on Block Island Saturday night. I have witnesses. Registration is $150.
I have no recollection of that, and it was only 2 mudslides!
Race it like you stole it.

Zach Freeborn

Quote from: Dan Tucker on June 30, 2011, 01:34:22 PM
What's the entry fee? I couldn't find it without actually registering...

I've figured out that I've spent 11 full days racing Vipers since January. Only 1 of those at home in Marblehead!

I'm still vacillating about returning to Newport in a 2 week time span...

The entry fee is $150. Here is the current entry list.

1.  USA 18 3 Grins Moise Solomon Dave Nickerson  MRMHSA Chelmsford, MA, USA Viper 640 21 
    2.  USA 92 Adrenaline Brian Barmmer / Drew Hamilton  BYC Braintree, MA, USA Viper 640 21 
    3.  USA 85 Greenthumb Zach Freeborn  Sail Newport Portsmouth, RI, USA Viper 640 21 
    4.  USA 156 Jail House Chuck Allen   Wickford, RI, USA Viper 640 21 
    5.  USA 110 Rut Row Jep Peacock  Newport YC Newport, RI, USA Viper 640 21 
    6.  USA 22 USA 22 Ben Steinberg   Newport, RI, USA Viper 640 21 
    7.  USA 56 USA 56 Olaf Bleck   Chelsea, MA, USA Viper 640 21 

#85 "Greenthumb"
Newport, RI

Olaf Bleck

I'm taking my boat down Tuesday for the Tue. night sportboat thing and leaving it for the weekend. 

Need crew for all the above.