Online registration open for Feb. 3-6, 2011 Charlotte Harbor Regatta

Started by Brian Gleason, October 24, 2010, 01:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Gleason

The Notice of Race has been posted for the Feb. 3-6, 2011 Charlotte Harbor Regatta and the online registration site is open.

Low fees, free slips, great hotel rates, generous sponsors and helpful volunteers make the Charlotte Harbor Regatta ?the fun, affordable regatta.? The 2010 regatta drew 65 boats in eight classes, including the fast-growing Viper 640 fleet.

The Charlotte Harbor Regatta will feature fast, competitive racing, exciting onshore activities and beautiful Southwest Florida weather. Buzz about the 2010 Charlotte Harbor Regatta and the great sailing conditions here resulted in the International Association for Disabled Sailing awarding its 2012 World Disabled Sailing Championships to Charlotte Harbor, which was recognized by SAIL magazine as ?one of the top 10 greatest places to sail in the United States.?

A $10 early registration discount and a $5 US Sailing member discount make the regatta even more affordable. Regatta rates on area hotels start at $65, and early birds can snag a two-bedroom suite right at our regatta host, Fishermen?s Village Resort & Marina, for only $140 a night, 30% off their regular rate. In addition, all nightly regatta dinners are included in the registration fee, with additional crew or family tickets only $40 and nightly kids meal tickets for only $7.50.

Virtually everything you need to know about the Charlotte Harbor Regatta is available on our website at www.charlotteharborregatta.com.

Olaf Bleck

I just booked a "villa" at the resort for the $140/night.  For some reason their published rates for that period went up to $190/night between last night and today, but if you call them and mention the regatta (the price is published there), they'll give you the rate.  It came to $440ish for 3 nights.

A 50% deposit is required, which is fully refundable up to two weeks before.

http://www.fishville.com/
800 639-0020
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Jay Harrell

That's a damn site more than you paid for the Red Roof Inn for CRW last April...

Quote from: Olaf Bleck on October 25, 2010, 11:04:16 AM
I just booked a "villa" at the resort for the $140/night.  For some reason their published rates for that period went up to $190/night between last night and today, but if you call them and mention the regatta (the price is published there), they'll give you the rate.  It came to $440ish for 3 nights.

A 50% deposit is required, which is fully refundable up to two weeks before.

http://www.fishville.com/
800 639-0020

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Jay Harrell on October 25, 2010, 02:53:54 PM
That's a damn site more than you paid for the Red Roof Inn for CRW last April...

True, but I'm told it's worth it :-)  Plus, it sleeps six and technically I haven't _paid_ yet, so still can bail for the local Red Roof. LOL

Actually, I would have booked the resort in Charleston too if a) I'd known; b) it wasn't sold out (meaning ~$400/night)

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Olaf Bleck on October 25, 2010, 03:29:26 PM
Quote from: Jay Harrell on October 25, 2010, 02:53:54 PM

True, but I'm told it's worth it :-)  Plus, it sleeps six and technically I haven't _paid_ yet, so still can bail for the local Red Roof. LOL

Actually, I would have booked the resort in Charleston too if a) I'd known; b) it wasn't sold out (meaning ~$400/night)

The resort is TOTALLY worth it. Last year we had two Viper crews in one, (2 couples + 2 kids). Worked out great, and you can walk to everything!
Race it like you stole it.

Brad Boston

We really liked the job they did running the regatta, The resort was great and everyone was really accommodating... The only think we do not like is Running aground all the time in and out of the harbor.
Brad

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Brad Boston on October 26, 2010, 12:23:32 PM
We really liked the job they did running the regatta, The resort was great and everyone was really accommodating... The only think we do not like is Running aground all the time in and out of the harbor.
Brad

I've heard the same complaint from several other people who were there as well.

Robert Bernard

I have the same problem where I live in Melbourne, FL. I have become quite adept at getting the boat moving again in those situations.
Viper #76   Navi-Gator

Brian Gleason

Early registration discount has been extended to Dec. 31, 2010 and free storage, both onsite and offsite, plus free lift service, is what makes the Charlotte Harbor Regatta "the fun, affordable regatta." The buzz surrounding the 2010 Charlotte Harbor Regatta has created a class and boat explosion similar to the Charleston Race Week the past few years (and without the $400/night hotel rooms). We expect to go from eight classes and 65 boats in February to 12 classes and more than 100 boats in 2011.

All nightly meals (including Thursday's reception dinner) are included in your low entry fee, which can drop down to $105 with early entry and US Sailing discounts. You can't even eat out for four days for that. Essentially, you race and we feed you free or you eat and you race for free.

Register early. Registration fees are fully refundable if you can't make it. This is a racers' regatta. We know stuff comes up. We'd love to have the Viper 640s make Charlotte Harbor a regular stop on the fast-growing Winter Circuit. See you in February.