Miami

Started by Eddy Parker, October 18, 2013, 06:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy Parker

Guaranteed a first as of now. Registration is open.

Peter Beardsley

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Steve Chapman

Only 8 boats so far - hopefully we'll get more that 8 looking for sunshine and warm breezes??

How do we register for the warm-up event March 2-3?

Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Cole Constantineau

Definitely expecting more to be there!  I'm hoping to be in town for the entire week--I made it down last year for just the Viper mini-regatta (we had 9 or so boats for that) and had a blast..

David Hillmyer

David Furna

Are we using the Sailing Center again this year? I need to make arrangements for Viper 108, Granny's Hoe

Peter Beardsley

23 Vipers now signed up, at least 4 others that I know who say they're coming have yet to sign up, and I think an early entry discount ends this week if you're on the fence.  If you missed various blast emails in the past 48 hours about Miami activities, there will be stuff going on all week -- EFG Cup Sunday-Monday, fun distance race to a bar (unscored) on Tuesday, clinic on Wednesday, parties most evenings, etc.  There are experienced Viper sailors around who can crew if you want to go but don't know who to sail with -- just let me know. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Eddy Parker

The NOR says that berthing information will be posted on class addendum, but nothing is up yet.  Anyone have information on where everyone is launching/berthing for the regatta?

David Hillmyer

Looks like it's listed on the NOR (scroll way down).... Coral Reef Yacht Club. Anybody find a reasonably priced place to stay nearby?

Dave

Justin Scott

Here is the party agenda:

Thanks to Steve Chapman who organized this over several bottles of red wine from a ski chalet somewhere in the French alps.

Tuesday's Viper dinner will be over the top thanks to EFG who are paying for a huge part of the tab (in honor of Last Call's bar tab 3 years ago).

Don't miss the Viper scorch, also on Tuesday (lay day between Winter Cup and the Pan Ams), where we have a scorching spinnaker reach out to "no name harbor" on Key Biscayne and  lunch is booked at the Boaters Grill .

Let Stve know your number for the dinner and Kay know your number for Scorch Lunch.

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

Here is the NOR for the Winter Cup. Please email your entries to Peter Bauer copied to Dan Tucker and Mark Pincus
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

We have two teams coming from the great republic of Texas. Rumor was that Jonesy was crewing with Bob Williams but the word from Texas is that Jonesy has heard that Mambo Kings are going to be in Miami and is running scarrit!   
Viper - Mambo Kings

Brad Boston

If anyone needs crew here for all or any of the days Joanne Abbott can sail. She is good and has sailed the Soling as crew in the Olympics.. Spread the word around as it would be nice to get her back in the boat. She has sailed the Viper a bunch of times over the last few years.

Brad Boston

Justin Scott

If anyone has any problems contacting Brad.....
<[email protected]>: maildir delivery failed: Sorry, this user has overdrawn
    their diskspace quota. Please try again later.

He has od'd on his disk space .   Hic!
Viper - Mambo Kings

Peter Beardsley

Viper 333 "Glory Days"