Marblehead Race Week July 29-31 2022: The Viper 640 15th Anniversary edition!

Started by Cole Constantineau, May 24, 2022, 02:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole Constantineau

Hello everybody,

The Marblehead Viper fleet would like to extend a warm welcome to our extended Viper family for this year's Marblehead Race Week!  There's really great things happening in the Marblehead fleet--with a few boats added to the fleet the last couple years, and great energy as we move into this season.  In addition, this is the 15th anniversary of the first regatta of the re-launched Viper 640 class (with carbon rigs and all), all the known vipers in existence (27) got together to race in Marblehead in 2008.  I can see already on the scratch sheet that one of those very boats is already signed up (Patched Up):

https://yachtscoring.com/event_scratch_sheet.cfm?eID=14804

We think there's very good odds we have a 15+ boat regatta, but only if ya'll sign up early and often! :)

Peter Beardsley

Love seeing a bunch of local boats signed up early and often - that is the way to do it!  Sad to say that we won't be able to make it this year, but looking forward to going back to Marblehead in 2023 for Viper New England Champs in mid August.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

John Leyland

Quote from: Peter Beardsley on May 25, 2022, 12:15:48 PMLove seeing a bunch of local boats signed up early and often - that is the way to do it!  Sad to say that we won't be able to make it this year, but looking forward to going back to Marblehead in 2023 for Viper New England Champs in mid August.

Hmmmm, maybe a good tune up for NA's in Ottawa?....What the hell is another few hundred miles on my trailer!
Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: John Leyland on May 26, 2022, 01:15:14 PM
Quote from: Peter Beardsley on May 25, 2022, 12:15:48 PMLove seeing a bunch of local boats signed up early and often - that is the way to do it!  Sad to say that we won't be able to make it this year, but looking forward to going back to Marblehead in 2023 for Viper New England Champs in mid August.

Hmmmm, maybe a good tune up for NA's in Ottawa?....What the hell is another few hundred miles on my trailer!
It'll likely be around 3-4 weeks before and the turnout should be good, so yeah, bring the car and trailer, I'm sure folks can find a place for you to leave both for a bit, fly in and out of Boston, fly back to Boston for NAs and drive to Ottawa.  We did an event in Ottawa in 2017 and I was pleasantly surprised by both the conditions and the city - hadn't been to Ottawa before and my expectations were unfairly low so I was blown away - great place.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Matt Rowlinson

Quote from: Cole Constantineau on May 24, 2022, 02:27:35 PMHello everybody,

The Marblehead Viper fleet would like to extend a warm welcome to our extended Viper family for this year's Marblehead Race Week!  There's really great things happening in the Marblehead fleet--with a few boats added to the fleet the last couple years, and great energy as we move into this season.  In addition, this is the 15th anniversary of the first regatta of the re-launched Viper 640 class (with carbon rigs and all), all the known vipers in existence (27) got together to race in Marblehead in 2008.  I can see already on the scratch sheet that one of those very boats is already signed up (Patched Up):

https://yachtscoring.com/event_scratch_sheet.cfm?eID=14804

We think there's very good odds we have a 15+ boat regatta, but only if ya'll sign up early and often! :)

Hey Cole--how many days are the Vipers sailing? Doubt this will work, but we were there in 2008; it would be fun to come again.

Fletcher

Viper 207 Back in Business

Matt Rowlinson

Hi all--really looking forward to being back in Marblehead! Owing to previous plans re Sarnia, we have left this late, and accommodation options are not that great. We have a booking, but, ahem, if anyone has spare room, a billet would be very welcome. We will be 3 or 4--2 sets of siblings, clean and mostly sober. mrowlinson <at> mac.com

Fletcher

The $75 early registration discount ends Friday - 11 boat registered so far with a couple more expected: https://yachtscoring.com/event_scratch_sheet.cfm?eID=14804

Once registered you'll get an invite to the Oyster fest organized by Eddie!
Viper 207 Back in Business

Cole Constantineau

Hey everyone!  It's going to be a great weekend up here in Marblehead!  We're up to 13 entries, and I think we'll be 15+ for this.  This is the ultimate midsummer regatta, 3 full days of great racing, Viper Oyster fest, and we definitely appreciate folks supporting our local regatta!