marblehead NOOD

Started by David Furna, June 01, 2010, 10:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Furna

Making my first trip to Marblehead for the NOOD in July. You veterans got any advice on Hotels in the area? I know everything around there is probably high dollar.

Dan Tucker

LOTS of B&B's no real cheap hotels in town. Harborlight Inn is one option. My boss stays there when he comes in from overseas.

Cheapest would actually be the Boston YC right on the harbor. Next would be Clipper Ship Inn in Salem. There's also Salem Waterfront Hotel, Hawthorne Hotel (also in Salem).
Race it like you stole it.

David Furna

Thanks Dan.....that helps a lot. Looking forward to seeing Marblehead when it's not covered in Snow!

Fletcher

Is race week Fri-Sun or Thurs-Sun? The class website and nood website have conflicting information.
Viper 207 Back in Business

Dan Tucker

Matt Rowlinson

Hey Dan--or anyone--who is in charge of club assignments for out of town boats?  We've always been at EYC; should we head there again?

Should be getting in Thurs 1 ish--anyone up for practice later that afternoon?

cheers, Matt CAN 70

Dan Tucker

Damned fine question. Boston YC is the official host club overall, but I'm not sure that means you should head there. I'll work on finding out...

Harvey Barnes

Quote from: Matt Rowlinson on July 09, 2010, 10:55:44 AM
Hey Dan--or anyone--who is in charge of club assignments for out of town boats?  We've always been at EYC; should we head there again?

Should be getting in Thurs 1 ish--anyone up for practice later that afternoon?

cheers, Matt CAN 70

I'll likely be in at that time too.

We'll need a crane as I hope to bring two boats on the stacker (if we find someone to charter the 2nd one).

Harv

Ben Steinberg

Any word on where there is room for us out of towners to rig and launch?

Moise Solomon

Dan,

We're also looking launch somewhere...  We launched out of Eastern last year, and that worked out really well for us.

Moise - 3 Grins, USA 18