Lake Norman Regatta

Started by Joe Healey, October 12, 2010, 11:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Healey

Any info on this regatta? NOR?
Joe H
Viper 121 Live Wire

David Furna

I haven't found anything....and getting a little disappointed.

Jay Harrell

I don't have a NOR, but the race is scheduled for November 13 and 14.   Be patient - it's a somewhat more informal regatta than some others, but all the better for it.

Jonathan Nye

Not sure I can make it this year but would really encourage anyone considering the event to do it.
Jonathan

Jay Harrell

CKOD NOR is attached....

Joe Healey

Thanks for the info. I am going to try to be there.
Joe H
Viper 121 Live Wire

David Furna

So they open the grounds at 5pm on Friday? So much for getting there early for practice, it will be getting dark by then.

Jay Harrell

Quote from: David Furna on October 13, 2010, 08:27:11 AM
So they open the grounds at 5pm on Friday? So much for getting there early for practice, it will be getting dark by then.

Hmmm, Traditionally they have opened the grounds on Friday morning for big travel regattas like this one - I will post a question to the organizers.

Olaf Bleck

What would be the likelihood of arranging some place to store boats there until the spring?  e.g. for Miami/Bacardi or such, or CRW?
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Olaf Bleck on October 13, 2010, 09:23:52 AM
What would be the likelihood of arranging some place to store boats there until the spring?  e.g. for Miami/Bacardi or such, or CRW?

The NOR says yes:

12. Storage:   Boats wishing to stay at LNYC until the Keelboat Mid-winters (March 2011) must complete the LNYC Boat Storage Waiver prior to leaving LNYC.  The waiver will be provided at the Skippers Meeting.

I would suggest contacting the organizers for specifics.

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Jay Harrell on October 13, 2010, 08:46:45 AM
Quote from: David Furna on October 13, 2010, 08:27:11 AM

Hmmm, Traditionally they have opened the grounds on Friday morning for big travel regattas like this one - I will post a question to the organizers.

Peter Marriott says: "Yes, someone will make sure the club is open."

David Furna

Great! thanks Jay. Looking forward to it.

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Jay Harrell on October 13, 2010, 10:08:09 AM
The NOR says yes:

12. Storage:   Boats wishing to stay at LNYC until the Keelboat Mid-winters (March 2011) must complete the LNYC Boat Storage Waiver prior to leaving LNYC.  The waiver will be provided at the Skippers Meeting.

Checking with the organizers, indeed, they offer free storage of boats until springtime.  All one needs to do is sign a waiver.  Apparently a lot of boats do this.
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)