Key West Race Week, any interest?

Started by Lee Shuckerow, November 11, 2009, 04:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Shuckerow

Does anyone want to go to Key West this year? I'm not sure if it is a great Viper location and its expensive but if there are ten plus boats I would consider doing it.
Jackpot  #235

Justin Scott

I dont think it is happening this year.
Melges pushed for a sb 20 start for the M20s, but looks like they have let KWRW down.

We are talking with them about 2011.

we have Viper Midwinters on the same date in AZ. then it looks like support ofr Punta Gorda/charlotte harbor is building for Feb
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Matt Sole

Judging that only one SB signed up with the deadline 2 days away the SB club pretty called this one a dead Dodo.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Drew Harper

Quote from: soley on December 17, 2009, 09:13:26 PM
Judging that only one SB signed up with the deadline 2 days away the SB club pretty called this one a dead Dodo.

It's the most expensive sailing event to participate in. I hope it falls flat this year and Premiere gets their act together to make this more accessible and affordable. I love the sailing there but not the $7-10K it takes to get it done.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Phillip Davis

Indeed expen$ive. We did it on a B25 this year with crew of 6 and it cost right at $10,000.  Well worth the ONE time experience.   We had 5 days of sailing, 10 races, took home lotz of silverware.  We were lucky on both weather and finish line.  Non repeatable.  Now on to Birthday Regatta for $1,000.

Lee Shuckerow

Its clear we arent sailing our boat there in leau of of having someone else foot the bill. I will see everyone there in the melges 32 class. Cheers
Jackpot  #235