Delta Ditch Run 2011

Started by Garrett Brown, April 08, 2011, 12:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrett Brown

So #38 is thinking about doing the ditch run this year in the viper turbo configuration (centerboard + 1 trap). Is there any other interest from the left coast? As we have yet to build the board building two or three is not that much more work than building one, and could be done economically. So how about it viperers....who's up for 60 miles of muddy downwind (hopefully) fun?

Tim Carter

Sounds like fun, but you should "turbo" it with a symetrical kite...  long narrow DDW run, 120+ gybes will kill the ayso...

I was looking @ this a while back, Santana 20 kite fits almost perfectly
Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

The DD is a hugely fun event...as long as it's prevailing conditions and not the looooong uphill battle it was last year.

I've long thought the Moore 24/Santa Cruz 27 the best boat for this as you can square off and go.

Plugging a Viper into "cruising mode" would be pretty easy. There's plenty of room below the gnav to seize a pole eye to the mast. Add a S20 kite and go. Saves you about 100 gybes too.

I'm interested in a Viper daggerboard. Let me know how much the cost is.

Already have the mast rigged for trap. Easy job. Just run some spectra through the tball sockets with some plastic tubing chafe guard on it, throw eyes in both sides and voila...great place to hookup a spectra trapeze :-D

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Olaf Bleck

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)