CORK/CANADIAN VIPER CHAMPS - Kingston, Ontario (August 23, 24, 25)

Started by Darren Gilbert, July 03, 2013, 05:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Gilbert

I know it's early but I wanted to get the notice out there so everyone interested can clear their calendars.

The viper fleet is heading back to Kingston to sail the CORK One-Design Regatta and also piggyback our Canadian Championship August 23, 24, 25 (yes we'll allow our friendly neighbours to the south to come play too).

If you have never sailed CORK before, well all I can say is you're missing out.  If you have, then I'm sure you'll want to come back for this year's event.

Kingston is a fantastic place to sail in August.  The breeze is typically ON with daily thermals kicking in.  The facilities at Portsmouth Olympic Harbour are also great.  Fresh water sailing, tons of space for staging, multiple ramps, and hoists are available.  Not to mention the fact that CORK has been running since 1969 so I'm sure they know a thing or two about hosting a regatta.  The harbour also sits against the exterior wall to Kingston Penitentiary which is...unique.

Nightlife and entertainment in Kingston is fun.  There are a ton of bars and restaurants close by.  Given that it's a town built around 1) the University, 2) the Penitentiary, and 3) the Canadian Forces base, I'm sure anyone can find a place to kick back after a day on the water and have a few cold ones.

Registration page is here:
http://www.cork.org/events/cork-offshore-and-one-design/

Scratch Sheet is here:
http://www.cork.org/members/reg_list.php?eid=OD13

Don't miss out on this one! 
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Justin Scott

This is also the Canadian qualifier event for the Pan American Championships. So if you haven't picked up the points that you wanted at Newport, then come to CORK.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Darren Gilbert

Just a reminder everyone...fees for Cork go up after July 30th.

Here's the event page
http://www.cork.org/events/cork-offshore-and-one-design/

Here's the list of competitors
http://www.cork.org/members/reg_list.php?eid=OD13

We are up to 9 boats registered with more committed to coming but not registered yet. 

Dan Tucker

Race it like you stole it.

Eric White

Peter Beardsley

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Scot Mundle

Quote from: Dan Tucker on July 17, 2013, 06:52:27 PM
Anyone need crew? I could be persuaded  ;-)

How about being persuaded into bring up a boat...I can supply crew!

Scot

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Darren Gilbert

Hey everyone,
Just a heads up, early registration expires tomorrow.  We're up to 11 boats but let's keep going.

Come on you east coast/WLIS boats!  Kingston is a fantastic place to sail and best of all FRESH WATER!  Plus an opportunity (although highly unlikely) to come up to Canda and take our national championship...Good Luck Hosers!

Darren Gilbert

Great news!  I have talked with the CORK organizing group and convinced them to extend the early registration until August 9th.

Darren Gilbert

Peter Beardsley

Maybe bring a boat and see if we can get a demo together the day before and/or get some prospects out racing for the regatta?  I bet Scot can help coordinate that. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Darren Gilbert

Quote from: Peter Beardsley on August 01, 2013, 02:03:15 PM
Maybe bring a boat and see if we can get a demo together the day before and/or get some prospects out racing for the regatta?  I bet Scot can help coordinate that.
+1

Brad Boston

I am really looking forward to CORK this year. Anyone else thinking about making the trip?
Brad

Peter Beardsley

I know Kay is thinking about it, and there may be 1-2 other Canadians on the fence.  Also, tell Shuck to pay that entry fee...
Viper 333 "Glory Days"