Coastal Living Newport Regatta July 10-11

Started by Zach Freeborn, May 29, 2010, 08:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach Freeborn

Registration is open for the Coastal Living Newport Regatta.  The regatta will be run out of Sail Newport, RI on July 10 and 11, and the entry fee is $130 for the Vipers. 
#85 "Greenthumb"
Newport, RI

Olaf Bleck

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Kay VanValkenburgh

who's planning on going? Karen and I would like to if we sort out some of the budget-concerning bits (er like housing on the cheap: anyone have thoughts?)
first boat I ever owned was viper #28; it was a gateway drug.
my current viper is #98; I can't sail it enough.
the resulting sailing addiction's ok up to that point, but come Winter whydahell do I also have to frostbite a Laser?!

Fletcher

I'm in - still looking to sort out housing as well.

Would be nice if Sail Newport put up the entries list.
Viper 207 Back in Business

Dan Tucker

I"ll be there. a long-time favorite regatta.
Race it like you stole it.

Zach Freeborn

#85 "Greenthumb"
Newport, RI

David Furna

Quote from: Zach Freeborn on June 23, 2010, 04:23:38 PM
Here's the entry list: http://www.sailnewport.org/npt/m/_general/clnptregattaentries.asp

Thanks for the link Zach.  We need more boats!

Dan Tucker

As of right now, 8 registered, + 3 more committed: Dave/Moise, Olaf & Justin. What about Matt??

Who else?

Paul Zimmerman

That brings us to 15.  10 are registered.  Justin, JEP, GUGGS, ART? and now Jackpot are coming.  Matt would make 16

David Furna

Where do the Vipers normally race for this regatta? I've done it 4 times on a J105 and we are always out past R2.......The Vipers stay in the Harbor?

Matt Sole

Its a bit of a logistical nightmare for me, trying to figure it out. Since I expect my floating home to be in Nantucket, I need to find crew with a spare bed!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Dan Tucker

Quote from: David Furna on June 29, 2010, 08:47:17 AM
Where do the Vipers normally race for this regatta? I've done it 4 times on a J105 and we are always out past R2.......The Vipers stay in the Harbor?
Potter's Cove, just north of the bridge.

Pai

A Melges 24 owner is interested in chartering a boat for this regatta, anyone know if there are any available boats in the New England area? Please contact me at [email protected], thanks!

Zach Freeborn

One week to go, and we have 11 boats signed up and another three that I know of that are going to sign up. 

Anyone who is staying in town for an extra day or two is welcome to join in on some sport-boat oriented PHRF racing on Monday night.  The other boats in the series should include Melges 32s, a 28' one-off, Melges 20, SB3, Shaw 650, Open 5.70, and MX-20.
#85 "Greenthumb"
Newport, RI