Chicago Corinthian Hobleman One Design Regatta 18, 19 September 2010

Started by Philip Kwasinski, July 27, 2010, 12:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Kwasinski

I want to talk up this Midwest event. The CCYC is probably the friendliest club you will ever visit and with 2 dollar mixed drinks and 1 dollar drafts it can be hard to leave. (Good galley too!)  Located in Chicago,  Illinois 601 W. Montrose where Montrose and lake Michigan meet. You can sign up at the CCYC website.......really would love to see you

Doug Mroz

Seems like this is a good regatta for east coast boats since there is not much going in September. I am planning on coming of we get enough turn out.

Lee Shuckerow

Jackpot would like to show up at this one. Its a great place to sail in the fall and sounds like it will be a fun regatta. it should be heavy air and potentially some big waves for the Vipers to jump. It would be cool to get all the midwest boats here and make this the MIdwest Championships for 2010.
Jackpot  #235

John Strauss

I have visited the Corinthian club numerous times.  Members are awesome, friendly and they serve $1.00 beer.  The food is first class and the location is terrific.  I have had the pleasure of having a number of them sail my Viper and they all love it.  I think there is a serious possibility of getting a Viper fleet here so please consider this event.
Chicago is a beautiful city and if you have a bit of extra time - it's worth a visit.

John Strauss #99

Philip Kwasinski

Here is a message form our race Chairman. 

Dear Sailors,

The Chicago Corinthian Yacht Club would like to invite you and your fleet to participate in the Gim Hobleman Sunlight Regatta. Please contact the Regatta Chairs Dick Dunne (312.550.9441) or Gretchen Hartke (847.833.7795) to indicate your interest in participating. Email: [email protected] or [email protected].

Here are a few highlights from the Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions:

- There is no fee to participate. However, each class can pay a $150.00 trophy fee by September 9, 2010 and prizes will be provided.

- We anticipate having multiple fleets starting on two different courses, with two race committees.

- Email entry forms to [email protected] by September 17 or drop of at registration on September 18, 2010.

CCYC welcomes all participants and their guests to join us for dinner and live music on Saturday, September 18.

Please distribute this invitation and NOR to any one design racer who might be interested.

We look forward to seeing you on the line!

Warm Regards,

Dick Dunne and Gretchen Hartke

Kelly Bechard