Bacardi / Miami Sailing Week 2022 (March 10-12)

Started by Peter Beardsley, November 01, 2021, 05:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Registration is open for Miami 2022.  Unlike past years, my understanding is that the Vipers will NOT be hosting a stand-alone regatta the weekend prior to Miami, although there will be a Scorch to Key Biscayne on Tuesday or Wednesday as usual, and there will also be a regatta in Sarasota in all likelihood the following weekend March 18-20.  Bacardi Vipers will be March 10-12.  Register online at https://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=14633
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Steve Chapman

Charter boat wanted!

A new owner from Italy, Oriano Lanfranconi, wants very much to come to Miami for Bacardi.
He would like to charter a boat for the event. If you are willing, please get in touch with myself or directly with Oriano at < [email protected] >.

We want to support new owners trying to build excitement in their fleets, and this is great way to do so.

Steve Chapman
288 Oshunmare
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Justin S

Team Porkchop have booked an el primo house for Miami.

You know how aircraft have those illuminated lights that lead to the emergency exit?

Check this out!

Steve Chapman

SCORCH!

If you are in Miami on Wednesday, rigged and ready to sail, join us for the Miami Scorch!

Leave the dock at 10:00am, fun race starts at the end of the channel at 11:00, we (hopefully) rip across Biscayne Bay spinnaker flying to No Name Harbor and have lunch at the Boaters Grill. Tie up our Vipers along side and enjoy some excellent Cuban food and cold beer!

The sail home is even more fun, and usually we really "scorch" back spinnaker flying again!

Please email me if you want a place reserved at the table....
chaponlac at gmail dot com
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Justin S

10.00 am might be a bit tight for us to be casting off the dock...but we aim to try.