2021 NA Champs - registrations are open

Started by Ed "Buttons" Padin, Class Administrator, October 20, 2020, 01:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed "Buttons" Padin, Class Administrator

EDIT: The combined teams from Noroton and Stamford Yacht Clubs have just published the NoRs for next fall's Championships. Registrations are now open on Yacht Scoring. NoRs are attached.

2021 Women's International Championship
October 2-3, Noroton Yacht Club

2021 North American Championship
October 7-10, Noroton Yacht Club
Ed "Buttons" Padin
Viper 640 Class Administrator
erpadin [at] padesta [dot] com

Peter Beardsley

For those who don't like hunting for links:

2021 Women's International Championship: https://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=13220

2021 NAs: https://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=13222

Needless to say, early registration would be a huge boost as folks make the decision whether to travel across state and country lines.  There may be a limited number of charter boats available.  I am not the official charter coordinator, but I can put interested parties in touch with folks who may have boats available, but I won't start doing that until at least April 1, 2021 when folks have a better sense as to whether their boats have sold and/or if they'll be in attendance, so the best way to ensure that you have a boat to sail is to plan to bring your own.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

For those who missed the key detail in the Worlds NOR, boat parking spots will be assigned based on order of entry.  I feel good about that based on being the first person to enter...
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Darren Gilbert

Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Craig Wilusz

So for those of us who registered and paid for the 2020 event, what happens to those registrants? 
Move them to the new event?  Refund those entries? or is Justin Scott gonna pocket the money?

https://www.yachtscoring.com/event_scratch_sheet.cfm?eID=9632
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Peter Beardsley

FYI, now up to 35 teams registered for the 2021 NAs at Noroton.  Entries from 2020 did not automatically move over, but if you paid for 2020, you should not have to pay for 2021 except to the extent there is a difference in cost.  You should however, re-register for the 2021 NAs.  Looking forward to seeing everyone in Western Long Island Sound - likely to have 50+ boats in attendance - please start making travel plans.  Outside chance of a limited number of charter boats available on a first come first serve basis. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Matt Rowlinson

Does anyone know if the rules for the women's championships require all-women crews, or just women skippers?

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: Matt Rowlinson on March 13, 2021, 08:57:12 AM
Does anyone know if the rules for the women's championships require all-women crews, or just women skippers?
Just a female skipper - can be a coed crew.  TBD if there will be special awards for all female teams.  I know some folks are rocking all female teams, others aren't.  Doesn't matter - everyone should plan to sail and loan boats to teammates / friends. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

We are now over the 40-boat threshold thanks to the 5-time champs and the winners of the last time the NAs were in Western Long Island Sound, Jackpot.  Still a bunch more teams likely to register - looking at my list, I count another 18-22 teams in the northeast who I would say are 80%+ likely to register over the next 2-6 weeks.  None of that counts any teams from the GYA and points west of the Mississippi, all of whom are more than welcome to attend, plus of course any friends from outside the continent if they're able to get permission to travel.  Could be epic.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Now at 50 entries.  And that's with only 1 West Coast entry and 1 GYA entry.  Plus several locals and quasi-locals yet to enter.  I truly believe we'll break 60 entries for the first time in Class history. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"