2013 North Americans - registration is OPEN

Started by Peter Beardsley, March 03, 2013, 10:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/6488#_registration

Houston Yacht Club, racing Oct. 9-12, AGM on October 8.  The NOR and online registration are up and running.  The HYC gang has already spent a ton of time planning the 2013 NAs -- we've had them on a couple of Executive Committee conference calls since right after Marblehead NAs ended, and they've been on top of the process for a long time.  It's going to be a great event and everyone should find a way to make the effort to attend.

We'll be posting more information about boat transportation options for those who may be interested in teaming up with a couple of other teams to haul 2-3 boats down in a single trip and sharing the costs.  In the meantime, circle the dates on your calendar if you haven't already, sign up today if you know you'll be there (there are early registration discounts), and get psyched for Houston! 

http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/6488#_registration
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

FYI, I think registration is already up to 14 Vipers.  At least in the Larchmont area, we are also actively working on multi-boat transportation solutions (truck and rail) to figure out the most cost effective way to ship boats to Texas -- rough estimates right now are around $1200/boat/each way, which isn't too bad given that if you were to drive the 25 hours yourself, you'd spend at least $500 on gas and tolls each way. 

I know that Jim Sears is working on multi-boat transportation solutions from southern California and Arizona as well -- in short: if people want to do the NAs but think logistics is the only thing holding them back, drop me a line. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Flyer about the 2013 Viper NAs is attached.  Mass transportation options will be worked out on a regional basis - SoCal, Pacific NW, Great Lakes, WLIS, Newport/Marblehead.  If you don't know who your regional transportation coordinator is, drop me a line.  Looks like we may be able to get this down to under $1k/boat/each way for those who don't want to drive themselves. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Jeff Jones

Wow, fantastic!   Great work guys.   

Quote from: Peter Beardsley on June 24, 2013, 02:58:33 PM
Flyer about the 2013 Viper NAs is attached.  Mass transportation options will be worked out on a regional basis - SoCal, Pacific NW, Great Lakes, WLIS, Newport/Marblehead.  If you don't know who your regional transportation coordinator is, drop me a line.  Looks like we may be able to get this down to under $1k/boat/each way for those who don't want to drive themselves.

Jonathan Nye

Nice but how about an option to deliver boats post-NAs to Miami?

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: Jonathan Nye on June 24, 2013, 05:10:40 PM
Nice but how about an option to deliver boats post-NAs to Miami?
That can also be arranged -- it's on our to-do list.  We'd love to have a couple more volunteers on the transportation subcommittee to help find solutions here -- we want to find efficient ways to get boats to Houston, to Florida, and to Long Beach in general, so this is a start. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Justin Scott

Praise indeed!

Quote from: Jeff Jones on June 24, 2013, 04:11:34 PM
Wow, fantastic!   Great work guys.   

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Jeff Jones

Entries have boosted to 23 as of today.  I think an early discount expires today? 

96 has been chartered by Somers and it sounds like 31 is going to be had by a big name out of Texas.   

If your reasonably sure you are coming but haven't signed up yet - please do.   

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 26 entries, and I heard last weekend in Newport that Malcolm Gefter is planning to come, so that will be 27 at minimum.  We'll start rallying the troops a bit harder in the northeast...others who are planning to come should make sure you're signed up - once we're at 30 entries, it'll be easier to get some stragglers I suspect. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

David Chapman

what charter options do we have for the NAs?

Paul Zinger

I know Dan can set you up with an indefinite charter.

Brad Boston

We are really looking forward to Huston NA's this year.. Everytime we have been there that have put on an exceptional job with great racing and parties! If anyone is on the fence and has questions from an outsider please ask me and I will try and help. The Huston Yacht club and members go out of their way to make people feel welcome. I hope to see you there..

Brad Boston