2013 LYC Shoe Regatta - Galveston Bay TX

Started by Jeff Jones, May 20, 2013, 09:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Jones

Great regatta this past weekend down on Galveston Bay.   Congratulations to the Robbins boys for taking first in a very competitive 7 race series.     Day 1 was probably 10 - 20, day 2 we saw 20+. 

After four races on Sunday in moderate breeze there was a virtual 3 way tie for first between Robbins, Juan M and Lawrence M.   On Sunday the robbins held it together to take first in the regatta.    They were also given a special event award for first place in the most competitive fleet.   

For anyone who doesn't know these guys - Brad Robbins purchased a viper two years ago.  Brad has three of four sons (I lose count) This weekend he couldn't be around so he sent the boys out to pick on the fleet.   Message for Brad:   if your going to send you're kids out to kick our tails, please have them bring rum to distribute to the old - sore guys post racing.    Great family - expect to see them on the podium a lot in the future.   Watch out for these kids at the NA's.

Good times, MOABNA out.

Peter Beardsley

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Justin Scott

Hey Jeff, sorry to hear that yoabna's out.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Lee Eikel

Team last call will be happy to let the TX teams battle for 2nd place.  We missed you guys in FT Worth, although Juan was very entertaining on the water.  We plan on being over there allot starting in August.  ;)

Jeff Jones

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_regatta_results.php?regatta_id=6740

results are there.

@ Lee - sorry you guys couldn't make it.  HYC Leukemia Cup is last weekend in June.  That should be a pretty good one, if there's breeze.   After racing sunday I walked up to Juan's new 3rd whom i'd never met and said "hey, i'm jeff.... you must be GD-it".   JK 

Brad Robbins

Jeff -
"GD it" comment is too funny.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Leukemia Regatta in 2 weeks.  I am sending out the "son team" again.  They seem to do better with me coaching from shore. 

I will also send some rum.

Brad
#134 Storm Warning