2013 HPDO

Started by Jason Hyerstay, September 02, 2013, 12:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Hyerstay

I am finally going to a travel regatta in #18 and so is Mark Engelhardt in #42. This will be a world record for Vermont Vipers! :)

Cheers,

Jason Hyerstay, Streetwise
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Cole Constantineau

Looking forward to meeting you guys!  We're going to have 6 boats from Marblehead there--

Dave Dougall

Plus 1 from Lake George.....#28

Doug Mroz

24 boats!!! Wow and with it being the same weekend as NAs. This is awesome for the class with big turnouts at both regattas.

Cole Constantineau

Such a big turnout we have old friends trying to register w/ us...

Peter Beardsley

Just an instinctual registration response there I guess.  In the meantime, great to see 26 Vipers signed up already.  For anyone from outside WLIS who wants to get in a second regatta, Stamford YC is hosting an event Sept. 21-22, and you can leave your Viper at SYC in between that event and HPDO if it's easier to drive back without a boat.  If the conditions are good, you could even leave your mast up and sail from SYC to American YC Friday afternoon or Saturday morning (about 6-7 miles to the Viper racecourse - Stu Hebb did this after the 2009 NAs at SYC while a crew member drove the trailer around) assuming you have a crew drive your trailer around or you wetsail your Viper at AYC.  SYC has room for an additional 4 Vipers in the drysail area for storage for 3 weeks.  Contact Richard West for details - dickwest at gmail dot com

Stamford YC Viper Open info: http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=892

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Joe Healey

Peter,

Reserve me a dry sail spot at LYC for the HHPDO
Viper 121 Live Wire

Tim Kaul

Jason/Mark - Great to see VT Viper representation for the HPDO! (I went to UVM and also ski instructed at Stowe) Welcome to Long Island Sound and we'll see you out there!

Looks like there will also be a VX One rolling down from VT. This is getting serious!
VX One--USA 142--Q Ball--Oliver Slesar  LCYC Stowe, VT, USA

Jason Hyerstay

I can't make it after all. :(
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Steve Gilbert

29 boats registered what a great turnout.

If my math is close there are 35 scheduled for the NA's  is that 64 vipers sailing on one weekend? WOW
Viper #194 - Black Sheep

Peter Beardsley

Will break 30 at HPDO and will be somewhere around there for NAs when the final numbers are all in.  Good weekend for Viper racing overall.  The 2015 NAs at Larchmont will give people a chance to do both HPDO & NAs (HPDO will be "pre NAs" a few days before). 

If anyone needs HPDO crew, I know of at least 7 people who are available and looking to crew for this regatta. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Olaf Bleck

I'm in for 31, should be a great time.

How ironic/awesome to have not one, but two 30+ lines starting in the US on the _same_ weekend.

I've pinged Peter already, but I am looking for crew.  Email me at obleck [at] gmail.com if interested.

See you all there.
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Joe Healey

Peter,

How are you going to handle 50+ Vipers in 2015 at LYC. Good Problem to have!! That will be 5 days of intense competition with a few lay days in between.
Viper 121 Live Wire

Peter Beardsley

We have the capability.  We had 100+ Stars at LYC in 2011.  For larger events, that class just takes over -- entire drysail area and boatyard is cleared of all non-Vipers, lots of volunteers to help with launching, likely mix of wetsailing and/or rotation of wetsailing / drysailing where people can pull out one of the days based on bow number, etc.  For really big events if we decide everyone will drysail, we've been known to partner with American YC for their facilities, but we'd like to have everyone at LYC.  Still 2 years off, but not panicked about it -- we have a great Club with plenty of facilities, 3 hoists and tend to organize and mobilize well around large events.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Steve Chapman

I am still looking for one crew for HPDO - so if you are interested, please contact me at chaponlac at gmail dot com.

50+ boats will be fantastic - we should try it out in 2014 first though.... ;)

Steve

Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region