2012 Viper Northeast Circuit

Started by Peter Beardsley, March 29, 2012, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

As I've mentioned before, I am also a big fan of sailing in Kingston -- it is one of my top 2 favorite venues, so it won't take much arm twisting.  The schedule also seems to work for it in 2013 better than it would in 2012 (when the NAs are a bit too close in proximity, time-wise). 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Results for the 2012 Northeast Viper Circuit attached through event # 2 out of 6.  23 boats have participated in at least one regatta so far out of the 51 "northeast Vipers" (Atlantic seaboard and New England through the Canadian maritime provinces) -- not counting folks who sail in the area from time to time. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Results through Viper New Englands (3 of 6).
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Standings updated through Marblehead NOOD.  Next up on the circuit: Viper NAs, then the HPDO.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Scores updated through NAs.  Last regatta in the circuit is HPDO.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Justin Scott

Dave dougall is grinding his way up the rankings with the shrewd tactic of not attending regattas. The trick is to miss the NAs,
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Peter Beardsley

Final 2012 northeast circuit results attached.  6 regattas, 49 Vipers from the northeast attended at least 1 event (didn't count people who traveled in for the NAs or HPDO who aren't from the northeast and who didn't sail any other events), 24 of the 49 did at least 3 of the 6 events, 8 did 4 of the 6 events and the circuit winner, Joe Healey, did all 6 events (though that's not why he won -- placing in the top 3 in 4 of the 6 is a major help though). 

Open to suggestions on how to improve this for 2013 -- willing to consider a different mix of regattas, fewer regattas to count (or more), different dates and venues -- main characteristic is that the events should be well attended.  We have a number of contenders each year -- a few venues that for the past 2-3 years have been good for 15+ boats on the line reliably, others that have been hit or miss.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Doug Mroz

I cannot really say too much as I havent done a whole lot of traveling lately, but one thing might be worth considering is to try and have a few regattas in areas we would like to see the viper grow. It was great we had two other boats at ACRW this year and I personally would love to see more vipers in the Annaplois area, which could lead to more fall and spring events. I would say a good concentration would be between the areas from Virgina to NY.

Dave Dougall

Justin...where is the love?  I had intended to race #28 at both the NA's and HPDO, but I took a fall this summer and banged up my knee.  With surgury, I should be in great shape to see you, Kay, Paul Z and my other friends on the start line.