2011 West Coast Circuit - final results

Started by Laurent Dion, November 02, 2011, 09:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurent Dion

First of all, thanks to all the 28 participants for this great 2011 West Coast Circuit. That is a 33% increase compared to last year.

Now, congratulations to Timbo for is final victory in San Franscisco last weekend and for his overall first place on the circuit !

For 2012, we are changing the venues, reducing from 8 regattas to 5 , one per each major area/fleet :

1 - Jan : AZ - B'day regatta mid January
2 - Mar : SoCal - NOOD San Diego CYC
3 - Jun : SoCal - LBRW - Long beach ABYC
4 - Jul  : NW - Whidbey Island
5 - tbd : NoCal - San Francisco area

So , 2012 starts in just two months from now !!

See you all in PHoenix in January .

LAurent

Brad Boston

Nice racing Guy?s... Jackpot is going to do everything possible to race at least one regatta out there in 2012.
Brad Boston

Tony Chapman

brad - it would be great to see Jackpot out here in 2012 - let me know how i can help make it happen

Jim Sears

Question: is Arizona Birthday Regatta racing on Friday as well as Sat-Sun? Is Friday gonna count?  I have to work Friday, but can have "my people" race if needed.
-Jimbo
F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal

Tim Carter

I heard 3 days....Sounds like your people will have fun for you...  ;)
Lt Coast Gov

Tim Carter

Come on out boys...  sounds like a lot of Red Bulls and miles for the NA Vipers this year...  ;)

Quote from: Brad Boston on November 03, 2011, 09:20:51 AM
Nice racing Guy?s... Jackpot is going to do everything possible to race at least one regatta out there in 2012.
Brad Boston
Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

I'm pretty sure it is three days for the AZYC Birthday Regatta. This year, however, I'm not running it. I'll find out for sure tomorrow at the lake.

Let me know if anyone wants to wet-sail their boats. I will set this up again if you want. And how can we improve upon dockage from last year?

Looking forward to a new year,

Greg
USA 46
heroin

Drew Harper

The San Francisco event will likely be hosted by South Beach Yacht club as part of their IRC/J120 invitational Aug 17-19.

They've asked me to find out just how many Vipers may attend?

This venue is actually IN my marina so it's likely that I can host quite a few folks abort boats that I own. Hell, I can sleep 10 on the Santa Cruz 50 alone....dorm room style.

The sailing area will be largely South of the Bay Bridge so it'll be windy...20-25+ but relatively flat water. It's a hugely fun area to sail adjacent to the Americas Cup operations compound.

It's likely that Sunday will have some sort of Bay Tour out into the Slot, but that's still up in the air.

So what say yee....will you come?
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Jim Sears

F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal

Jeff Jones

I'd like to sail that event with a local boat if we dont have conflict. 

Quote from: Drew Harper on November 08, 2011, 11:53:21 AM
The San Francisco event will likely be hosted by South Beach Yacht club as part of their IRC/J120 invitational Aug 17-19.

This venue is actually IN my marina so it's likely that I can host quite a few folks abort boats that I own. Hell, I can sleep 10 on the Santa Cruz 50 alone....dorm room style.

The sailing area will be largely South of the Bay Bridge so it'll be windy...20-25+ but relatively flat water. It's a hugely fun area to sail adjacent to the Americas Cup operations compound.

It's likely that Sunday will have some sort of Bay Tour out into the Slot, but that's still up in the air.

Drew Harper

JJ, you are always welcome to come sail my boat! I can work RC. Be good for the girl to get a win under her belt :-)

Tim Carter

Mummmmm, sure why not...   ;)

I can think of several more down this way, but I will let them speak for themselves.  Did they give you any idea of a minimal # they will allow?   7...10?

T-Bo

Quote from: Drew Harper on November 08, 2011, 11:53:21 AM

Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

I told them likely to have no more than 10 boats but I'd be please to be wrong on that one and have 12-15.

The date is still floating and if it doesn't happen in Aug, that won't work for the schedule.. It'll be back to the drawing board with perhaps the Jazz Cup distance race popping back into view.