2011 Arizona Yacht Club Birthday Regatta and Leukemia Cup

Started by Greg Jackson, December 02, 2010, 01:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Morse

Thanks all, you're wonderful.  Let's hope trailer guy can get on the repairs.

Greg Jackson

Okay,

Last year we had a seperate event for Friday, the centerboard challange which was a stand alone event.

After discussing this with many of you, I gathered that the consensus was that to come to AZ you wanted a three day regatta. This is what we now have.

If any of you can determine a proper way to score this as a two day and three day event to make it favorable to all, great! Otherwise it is a three day event.

Now, I need to know who would like to keep their boats in the water at the marina for Friday night through Sunday morning at $20.00 for the entire time as long as we get three boats per BIG slip.

So far we have;
Harper
Tucker

Who else so I can reserve the proper amount of slips...

Thanks,

Greg

Tim Carter

Carter would like a slip..

as far as scoring, let's score them seperate, then the folks who can only do Sat-Sun don't feel handicaped..

Put all the scores into the "WCC", then it's as fair as possible.

I am sailing 3 days...
Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

By the way, entrants to date...

Carter
Dion   
Hinrichs   
Kaye   
Visser
Mikinnon   
Young
Jones   
Mauri   
Harper

Also, there is a U20 that is coming out, would you gus mind if he started with us and rated out with AZ PHRF?

Greg   

Greg Jackson

Now we have one slip filled,

Carter
Harper
Mikinnon

Next Slip?

Jeff Jones

Greg,  please put me down for a slip. 

Yes on the U20..  something we've done in the past here is to have an overall 20' sportboat fleet award and sub-awards for any one-design fleets within that catagory. 

Good to be inclusive and encourage participation.   BTW, last time we did that the U20 guy purchased a viper ;-)

David, what's wrong with your trailer?  Just get there.. i'm sure it's nothing we cant work out beside the camfire over some rum.  I'll bring my portable welder and drill.

j

Greg Jackson

So far we have four boats wanting a wet place to stay...

Anyone else?

Greg

Charlie Visser

IceBear

Glenn Selvin

Looks like Dave Morse and company is out for Arizona, as our axle is toast, and has been removed for replacement.  Trailer company is telling us its a five week lead time.  So, any suggestions on how to get a Viper to Arizona, other than towing it on the furniture dollies that its now sitting on?  Is anyone close to Long Beach not going, whereby we could put your boat on our dollies in our space, and put our boat on your trailer?  Otherwise, we'll have to kick butt next year!

Charles Kaye

Please put me down for sharing a slip. #126
Thanks,
Charles Kaye

Greg Jackson

Quote from: Glenn Selvin on January 07, 2011, 02:51:17 PM
Looks like Dave Morse and company is out for Arizona, as our axle is toast, and has been removed for replacement.  Trailer company is telling us its a five week lead time.  So, any suggestions on how to get a Viper to Arizona, other than towing it on the furniture dollies that its now sitting on?  Is anyone close to Long Beach not going, whereby we could put your boat on our dollies in our space, and put our boat on your trailer?  Otherwise, we'll have to kick butt next year!

Flatbed trailer it!

And all who have responed so far have two slips (3 boats/slip)...

Anyone else?

Glenn Vanheel

You can borrow my trailer. I can't get crew for the three days so I'm out! You'll have to get the boat Sunday. Doing Malibu race tommorow.
F'ing Walker!

David Morse

I have to work on the dredge this weekend.  Do you have any evening availability next week?  Finnster thinks he can get his hands on some furniture dollies and pads.
This may be good, we would really like to go.

Glenn Vanheel

finnster lives a few blocks from me. he can pick it up whenever. worse case scenerio leave the boat in the water for the weekend. i'll call you tommorow night.
F'ing Walker!

Tim Carter

Mabye we should stick the big keel in his boat also...  show him how the rest of us live ......    =)
Lt Coast Gov