Charlotte Harbor Regatta Feb 5 -7 2010

Started by Justin Scott, April 30, 2009, 12:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Scott

I'm flying in to use the other Canadian boat.

I'm looking for crew. 

Call me on cell if anyone interested.

J
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Bump.

Looking for a third.

Anyone interested in sharing a Fishermans Village condo, before I book at the Sheraton
Viper - Mambo Kings

Mark Cribbs

So the NOR states that we are launching out of the Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club, and no haul-out during the regatta except for repairs.

Does anyone know if we are supposed to arrange for docking, or if it will be assigned when we arrive and is it included in registration?

Also, does CHYC have a lift(s) or a ramp?

Thanks.

Jeff Jones

Just dropped the boat off.  Yes, there is a crane.  In a previous post in this thread, free slips were mentioned.  Looks like we will be side-tying to a pier. 

Facilities appear to be very nice.

Matt Sole

Any results? I can't seem to find them online.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jay Harrell

Quote from: soley on February 05, 2010, 01:34:25 PM
Any results? I can't seem to find them online.

This is just day one. Are they even off the water yet?

Phillip Davis

Looked like vile carnage down there in FL, Ultra.  Hope it wasn't your new toy that got broke.

Jeff Jones

We declined to leave the dock, it was NUKING.  Sat around the dock for a while and caught one boat being towed in with mast down, the rest of the fleet came in shortly after under jib only. 

Circle 1 ran one race.  Three lasers started, only one finished

Circle 2 got two races in (hobie 16's).. and there was some pretty bad carnage there as well. 

One of the three rigs that came down was an alum. section - that's telling as those things have historically been bullet-proof. 

When you get your carbon rig, make sure you follow the instructions in the tuning guide regarding pre-bend when the breeze is on. 

Mark Cribbs

It took me a while to find this.  The link from the regatta website doesn't work.  Here is the correct link:  http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_regatta_results.php?regatta_id=2059

Viper 640 (9 boats) (top)
Series Standing - 9 races scored
Information is provisional and subject to modification
Regatta results last updated: Sunday, February 07, 2010 8:14:30 PM CDT
Pos Sail   Boat   Skipper Yacht Club   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Total
1   119   Jackpot   Brad Boston       1   1   1   1   [10/DNF]   2   1   1   1    9   
2   43   Tijuca   Rob Gorman       2   3   2   2   [10/DNF]   1   3   2   2    17   
3   117      Bill Abbott       5   5   4   [6]   1   4   2   3   3    27   
4   94   USA 94   Jonathan Nye       4   4   7   5   2   3   [7]   4   5    34T   
5   109   Black Mamba   David Guggenheim       3   [7]   6   3   3   5   4   6   4    34T   
6   107   Thin Ice   Stuart Hebb       10/DNS   2   3   4   10/DNF   10/DNC   10/DNC   10/DNC   [10/DNC]    59T   
7   102   Animal   Jeff Jones       10/DNS   10/OCS   5   7   10/DNC   6   6   5   [10/OCS]    59T   
8   87      Justin Scott       10/DNS   6   8   8   10/DNC   7   5   7   [10/OCS]    61   
9   50   Rattler   Daniel Tucker       10/DNS   10/DNS   10/DNF   10/DNS   10/DNC   10/DNS   8   8   [10/OCS]    76   

Notes
- Scoring System is ISAF Low Point 2009-2012
- Finishes in [brackets] denote throwouts
- Click on race number to view detailed race information.

Information is provisional and subject to modification

Brian Gleason

What a great show, Viper 640s! The town is still buzzing about it. The results glitch on the Web site is fixed; default mode on the Regatta Network applet was to archive it after the regatta ended. More photos and videos to come. Good luck in Miami and Charleston, Vipers. See you next year in Charlotte. We've heard from a ton of folks who wished they had been here. Thanks to Justin, Jay, Jonathan and all the Vipers who talked up our inaugural event here and elsewhere. You can expect bigger and better things in 2011.

Brian Gleason
Chairman
Charlotte Harbor Regatta