Viper 640 Half Model $180 (last chance, packing for move)

Started by Charlie Visser, August 04, 2019, 12:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Visser

Hey guys, we are winnowing down our possessions in preparation for a move to Idaho.

I have a very nice half model of the Viper 640 for sale. I built the model from scratch from basswood several years ago, taking accurate measurements from #71.

The hull is 21" (1"=1') mounted on a Honduras mahogany plaque 8"x26". Topsides are wrapped in blue vinyl (as #71.) The wrap can be removed to reveal white enamel or can be replaced with vinyl in another topside color (2" 3M vinyl tape works well.) As a traditional builder's half model, there is no detail on the deck, gunwale or spars.

It would look nice in a den or office, or as a regatta trophy. $360/OFFER plus shipping.

Also for sale is a half model of the J boat Rainbow, the 1934 America's Cup defender. I built the model from accurate hull lines by the lift method in natural finished sugar pine, mounted on a Honduras mahogany plaque. The hull is 30" on a plaque 9x37". Hard to find a more contrasting hull type from the Viper, spanning sixty years of yacht design. $360/OFFER plus shipping.

Charlie
IceBear

Charlie Visser

Moving and downsizing. Like to see these go to a good home. All offers considered.
IceBear

Charlie Visser

Last chance before I pack them up for the move to Idaho.
I will sell the Viper half model for $180 plus shipping.

IceBear

Jason Hyerstay

I will buy it! Email me first name at last name dot com.
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info