Started by Peter Beardsley, August 10, 2012, 01:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Chapman

ok Pete... i'll help

where did you meet your wife?
does she have a sister?

who got you into sailing?
who was your hero?
when was your first viper crash (should be a standard question)?
where is the best place to sail a viper?
when does Jnr take over the helm?

what is your fav drink?

Peter Beardsley

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

In the meantime, we have new photos scrolling through the banner slideshow on the front page.  Check it out -- if you were at the 2012 NAs, you might be up there now!  Progress. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Latest installment is up: Dave Nickerson.  http://www.viper640.org/component/content/article/14-news/381-better-know-a-viperer-dave-nickerson

Last one of the EC profiles will be up by the end of the week, then we get back to the good ones. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

I'm stalling on interviewing myself, so I wanted to get back to the interesting ones.  And we have a good one: Long Beach's own Dr. Jim Sears.  http://www.viper640.org/component/content/article/14-news/382-better-know-a-viperer-jim-sears -- coming to a Miami regatta near you.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Doug Mroz

Great article! Not to take away from it, but no more stalling... I think yours should say something about no matter the time of day, the average turn around time for a Peter Beardsley email regarding anything viper is less than 5 mins. Peter eats, breathes, and sleeps vipers!

Justin Scott

Quote from: Doug Mroz on October 26, 2012, 01:07:10 AM
Great article! Not to take away from it, but no more stalling... I think yours should say something about no matter the time of day, the average turn around time for a Peter Beardsley email regarding anything viper is less than 5 mins. Peter eats, breathes, and sleeps vipers!

Thats not strictly accurate.
I have travelled to a few regattas with Peter including Miami. I have also called him at work a few times between 12 am and 4 am.  I am now pretty sure that Peter doesn't actually sleep.
Occasionaly he enters a semi sombulent daze. This can happen quite suddenly and unexpectantly which makes for exciting gybes. But sleep? Like horizental with eyes shut?  I haven't seen it.
His very beautiful and super smart wife told me that she has seen him come home at a civilized hour and sleep like a standard human but she had to think about it and scrunch up her memory which says a lot.   

I would be happy to conduct the innerview of Peter.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Peter Beardsley

And I would be happy for someone other than me to interview myself.  Justin, feel free to take the questions from the others as a starting point, plus Chappo and Doug's, add some others, and go from there.  You send questions, I'll answer and post.  In classic Viper form as I've learned so far, I'll only answer the ones that I feel like answering.  Only a couple of people have met the full challenge and answered all questions.  Most don't.  That's ok, they're all fun. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Kevin Brown

Peter, I just have one question; Where is my bottle of rum?  I bet Tim Carter knows! :(

- Kevin

Tim Carter

It came to a glorious end....    Look me up @ T-Day     :)
Lt Coast Gov

Peter Beardsley

Timbo...killing me dude.  Kevin: please PM or email me your mailing address and I'll get a new one to you as soon as mail delivery resumes in lower Manhattan (early next week?)
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Brad Boston

I was wondering how the boat was named..........kidding! I can't believe you put the video up!!

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Brad Boston on December 24, 2012, 08:59:45 AM
I was wondering how the boat was named..........kidding! I can't believe you put the video up!!
Giggity giggity

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Race it like you stole it.

Peter Beardsley

We have a few more of these coming in the next month -- first up is Tech Committee member and left coast living legend Tim Carter: http://www.viper640.org/component/content/article/14-news/392-better-know-a-viperer-tim-carter
Viper 333 "Glory Days"