The Worst Thing To Happen To You With A Vipper

Started by Greg Jackson, July 16, 2011, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Jackson

Today, finaly, I decided to flake the spin.

It had taken a fresh water bath in a spare bathroom after LBRW, then dried over the shower curtain for a long while.

I took the spin downstairs to the living room and started to run the tapes and then I felt a needle stick into my (second big) toe.

WTF I thought? It felt as though I sliced my toe on a piece of glass (don't ask me how I know that feeling) and jumped back...

Turns out a scorpian was in the folds and got me.

The little devil (now DOA)...

It has been 11 hours and I still can"t feel my toe. But, I can feel my knee now so improvments are happaning.

What about you?

Jeff Jones

Grew up in the country, central Texas.  Small old house infested with these buggars.  Probably bit once a week min, its a bummer.

Kites ok right?

Drew Harper

Quote from: Greg Jackson on July 16, 2011, 10:48:35 PM
Today, finaly, I decided to flake the spin.

It had taken a fresh water bath in a spare bathroom after LBRW, then dried over the shower curtain for a long while.

I took the spin downstairs to the living room and started to run the tapes and then I felt a needle stick into my (second big) toe.

WTF I thought? It felt as though I sliced my toe on a piece of glass (don't ask me how I know that feeling) and jumped back...

Turns out a scorpian was in the folds and got me.

The little devil (now DOA)...

It has been 11 hours and I still can"t feel my toe. But, I can feel my knee now so improvments are happaning.

What about you?

Shit Greg....that sucks.  You ok?

I damn near sat on one in the bathtub when I was 5. My brother yelled out. Probably saved my life....he did that more an once.

Hope you're in the mend.

Oh yeah...almost stepped on a Viper last week....6' diamondback rattler hiding under the tack shed....scared the living crap outta me.  Caught it and tossed it up the hill by the big oaks.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Greg Jackson

Quote from: Jeff Jones on July 16, 2011, 11:00:36 PM
Grew up in the country, central Texas.  Small old house infested with these buggars.  Probably bit once a week min, its a bummer.

Kites ok right?

Gumby (the kite) is fine!

My toe still isn't (two days later).

Once a week? Crap!

Glenn Vanheel

Quote from: Greg Jackson on July 18, 2011, 11:06:04 AM

Kites ok right?

My toe still isn't (two days later).

Once a week? Crap!
You still have the popsicle as backup right?
F'ing Walker!

Greg Jackson

Justin Scott

Quote from: Greg Jackson on July 18, 2011, 11:06:04 AM

Kites ok right?

Thank God.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee