Lake Carlye Viper

Started by Jay Harrell, May 03, 2011, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Harrell

https://picasaweb.google.com/downwindcsa/2011Flood#5600839346440942850

Not a pretty picture.  I hope Eric got out and moved his boat shortly after this shot was taken, because they are reporting five feet more water as of yesterday.

Olaf Bleck

Hmmm.... there's always an upside to everything, right?  At least you don't have to go looking for a public launch ramp!
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Jim Sears

I lived in St Louis for 5 yrs... Carlyle is a great place to sail, even with the floods... Those are my buddies in photo #2 in the black expedition!  Mentioned that the road into the club is now flooded and closed...
F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal

Erik Eaves

We got our Viper moved to dry land. Joan also has her Vipe safely stored. It is certainly a slow start to the sailing season. Almost our entire club is flooded.

Matt Sole

Not as slow as start as if thee lake was dry......
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Joan Hall

Oh cute guys- if the lake was dry-ha!! It only floods like this maybe once every 10 years-and they opened the club early this year only to close it again!!

Justin Scott

I feel so bad for all you guys flooded out of sailing so Im making a call to see if we can find you an opening to bring your boats up for the Atlantic Coasts/Pan Am Champs/ Bacardi in 2 weeks.

YUP Great news. We can fit you in an entry slot. Look foward to seeing you up here. Dont be late.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Jim Sears

so, how many Vipers are there on Carlyle?  Are you at CSA?  I sailed there for my 4 years of med school, and love to get back anytime I can. 
F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal