Keel Bolts

Started by Tom Peterson, July 25, 2011, 12:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Peterson

I just purchased #106 in Miami and pulled it north to its new home in Milwaukee. When taking delivery the owner could not find the keel bolts. Can anyone give me a head start as to the size and lenth of the bolts required? I need to go sailing!

Thanks,
Tom
Viper #106 "Widespread Panic"

Tim Carter

on 104 they are 8mm, front one is 3/4" long, aft is 5/8" long
Lt Coast Gov

Tom Peterson

Quote from: Tim Carter on July 25, 2011, 01:55:15 PM
on 104 they are 8mm, front one is 3/4" long, aft is 5/8" long

Thanks Tim

Peter Beardsley

On 161, I never noticed that they were two different lengths -- now I am curious!  Otherwise, will check on Thursday night and will let you know.  Milwaukee...sounds close to Sarnia...congrats on the boat acquisition.  106 is really nice. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Justin Scott

Quote from: Tom Peterson on July 25, 2011, 12:30:14 PM
I just purchased #106 in Miami and pulled it north to its new home in Milwaukee. Thanks,
Tom

Damn....we have a Viper in the heart of Melges country.

Welcome to the class Tom.

You have a choice of two T shirts. One has this picture on the back, a viper transom going away fast with Dan's logo "The View From Zenda"
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Tom Peterson

Damn....we have a Viper in the heart of Melges country.

Welcome to the class Tom.

You have a choice of two T shirts. One has this picture on the back, a viper transom going away fast with Dan's logo "The View From Zenda"

[/quote]
The View from Zenda - I love it! I would wear it proud in this area.

I will start working on converting people. The boat turned many heads when I rolled through the club gates!

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Tom Peterson on July 27, 2011, 08:58:23 PM
The View from Zenda - I love it! I would wear it proud in this area.

I will start working on converting people. The boat turned many heads when I rolled through the club gates!
Congratulations Tom, and welcome to the Viper Class!

I can't remember if I originally came up with that one, or if it was a Michael McCloskey line. We were brainstorming slogans about 8 hours into the drive home from the first Coral Reef Cup in Miami 3.5 years ago when one of us blurted that one out. One of my all-time favorites, that we've never used... I think it might be time to actually turn that into a t-shirt!

I do seem to recall there were some people on Lake Geneva looking for a demo...

Race it like you stole it.