Import Rondar Trailer from US to Canada

Started by Jamie Clarke, June 03, 2021, 05:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Clarke

Hi all - moving back to Canada with 94 and a 2012 Rondar trailer.  Anyone have any experience importing the trailer and the RIV process?  Did you need a Recall Clearance Letter, if so, where did you get one?  Many thanks!

John Leyland

Hi Jamie,

I bought 191 new back in '13 and had to bring the boat up from the U.S.  I just followed the RIV process as it's laid out on the website.  It requires an inspection but I got that done at Canadian Tire and it took no more than 10 minutes(boat was still on the trailer).

I keep all the documentation with me when I go down to California but have never had to show it on my way back across.

Cheers,
John
Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Jamie Clarke

Thanks John!

Andrew Maki

Hey Jamie,

You should review the paperwork you currently have for your trailer and contact Canada customs and ask if that will be acceptable.  There have been problems importing Mark 2 trailers mainly cause they were imported to the states originally as chasis and axles, and never saftied in the US. Most likely if this is the case they will ask you to get a MOT regristration tag in the US, Before importing.

Jamie Clarke

Thanks Andrew.  The trailer is from 2012 and has the correct tally according to CBSA.  Between cars, trailers and boats, we don?t make it easy to move back to Canada!