HELP Missing Mainsail

Started by Justin Scott, August 05, 2011, 01:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Scott

Hi Fellow Viperers

I am missing a North mainsail.
It was one of two mains I brought to Miami and Charleston.  Somehow it didn?t make it back to my garage in Greenwich (nor my barn in Marblehead)

Its posible it could have gone awry in the U Haul container at Charleston Storage? Its possible someone else could have picked it up in error after the regatta? (I had to fly out so I didnt drive the boat home)

There were some spare Norths at Charleston belonging to Roland, but I don?t think they got mixed up. The bag has my name on it and obviously the number is 54.

Anyway, please keep an eye open and ask around??I?m hoping to find it because its my back up set for NAs.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Dave Nickerson

Missing - one Viper Class Governor.  Last seen at Marblehead Race Week.  Presumed wandering somewhere between Greenwich and Marblehead.  Needed to drive his boat at NAs.
Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Peter Beardsley

I bought Roland's set post Miami as a used practice set (not measuring in, not for racing) and Ched renumbered mine to 161 -- don't know what the original number was -- if there was any sort of identifying feature besides a sail number on the sail or on the sailbag, I can check to make sure there wasn't a big error. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Justin Scott

Quote from: Dave Nickerson on August 05, 2011, 02:57:55 PM
Missing - one Viper Class Governor.  Last seen at Marblehead Race Week.  Presumed wandering somewhere between Greenwich and Marblehead.  Needed to drive his boat at NAs.

I am wandering between Greenwich and Marblehead......sorry to seem like I have a sense of humor failure but I really cant afford to have a reasonably new mainsail like this go awol. Could I please ask anyone who has North sails to take a quick look at their inventory to make sure my sails didnt accidentaly get mixed up with yours.
Should have #54 on sails and my name on sailbag. 
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Quote from: Peter Beardsley on August 05, 2011, 03:17:04 PM
I bought Roland's set post Miami as a used practice set (not measuring in, not for racing) and Ched renumbered mine to 161 -- don't know what the original number was -- if there was any sort of identifying feature besides a sail number on the sail or on the sailbag, I can check to make sure there wasn't a big error. 

Thanks Peter. We (Peter and I)  carried Roland's sails back from Miami to Charleston in my boat. Then Loft took them back to Milford after Charleston. I think they would be hard to confuse. My # and name was on the sailbag with ball point. Rolands sails are brand new and have the new North logo on the bag.
Sadly, no class sticker because I didnt pick up sticker in time. Lesson there somewhere. Altho I never got to use this main this year.   

Viper - Mambo Kings