Sportboat Regatta in Sandy Eggo in late September... Let's go!!

Started by Mark Hinrichs, May 22, 2009, 02:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hinrichs

The First Annual Sailing Anarchy Sportboat World Championship of the World Regatta is confirmed! We'll be holding it in San Diego's South Bay - flat water, solid breeze, no kelp! - September 26, 27. Depending on the turnout, we are planning on two classes, using modified PH ratings. Seven races, band, comedian, booze sponsors, tons o' swag, great prizes, blah blah. Coronado Yacht Club has graciously agreed to host the event and has plenty of space, a 6,000 lb. hoist, etc. Yacht Scoring will handle all the scoring and registration, which we'll get up as soon as the regatta artwork and a couple other details are sorted out.
05/21/09

David Morse

I will be up in Toronto doing Soling Worlds.  My crew may want to put this together and I could charter the second boat if it is still on this side of the divide.

Jeffrey Young

Mark,

Sounds great!  I'll participate.  If I don't have a boat, I'll charter.  If I can't charter, I'll crew.  If I can't crew, I'll participate somehow -- race committee or something.

Jason Weisberg

Gonna be a tough do for most of us considering the timing of the NAs.  Maybe next year.  Boats available for Charter in Northeast if you want to play.

Stacey Loula

Drew Harper

Sept is shaping up to be a BUSY month. And anyone who whines about the distance...Tony Chapman is driving from the NA's to San Diego the following weekend to participate....buck up sailors :-))

We should get LOTS of love from SA if we pack this up with Vipers.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Kevin Kienast

Latest count is 8 Vipers going.  Let me know about any availble to charter(s) or boats looking for crew.

Kevin
ronin42 at yahoo dot com

can do have done positions one two and three

Jeffrey Young

Ditto Kevin's note.  I would love to charter or help charter and do any position.
Jeff

Tim Carter

Has anyone confirmed that we will have a one-design start? or are we sailing mixed fleet PH?
Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

Quote from: Tin Man Timbo on July 08, 2009, 09:53:08 PM
Has anyone confirmed that we will have a one-design start? or are we sailing mixed fleet PH?

I don't think they're offering OD starts, even though we have 9 boats (#53 hasn't registered yet)...not sure why. Mixed fleet modified PHRF. Let's just make sure that ALL the Vipers are first to finish and back at the bar waiting for the rable to come in.....in the style of Merlin and the SC 50's :-))

Tim Carter

Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

Damn, looks like you're right TMT

Sweet.....our BIGGEST OD start ever on the West and it'll be a WELL publicized event. Gotta work on a photo boat for this. I'll try to con Peter Lyons into going down.

I'll convince #53 to register when I see them up at High Sierra.

Justin Scott

Even if it is one design, presumambly you will still be on the same course as the other sporties.

On the left coast we came up with a new verb to describe the effect on a Melges 20 or SB3 as it got rolled by Vipers who started 5 minutes behind them.
"Just got viped" or "viped again" or "Got completely viped out on the last downwind leg".

If there are any Open 5.70s, they will be sooooo Viped.

Have fun!
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Tim Carter

So, are there ANY Vipes left in AZ & Cali who have not thrown in their hat yet??  Can we ALL come to play? :)

Texas? Texas?
Lt Coast Gov

Jeff Jones

Dude.. love to - great venue.  However, the East Coasties scheduled a pretty big regatta that next week and I'm already registered.   

Hey..  idea!   For the price of one M20 you have put a 640 on each coast!