Sportboat Regatta in Sandy Eggo in late September... Let's go!!

Started by Mark Hinrichs, May 22, 2009, 02:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Tucker

Brilliant!

Just don"t blame the Viper class for the conflict, our schedule was set WAY before SA came up with this idea!

I'm very psyched to see the west coast Viper one-design scene gelling more strongly all the time. That's what makes all the difference in continuing to grow the class. You guys are kickin' butt!
Race it like you stole it.

Stacey Loula

Only 7 more slots available before the 50 boat limit is reached. Looks like Viper is still in the lead with 8 boats, but those "speedbump" boats have seven boats registered.

Can we get one or two more Vipes?

Tim Carter

I herd a rumor that #38 may also show, but I see it's not registered yet.  That would be 9 for dinner...  :)
Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

I'm trying to convince #53 to enter. Need to find him some used sails though. This boat is out of Lodi, CA....just found him :-) 

That'd give us 10 WOOHOOOOOOO  :-))))
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Tim Carter

If he has th AL spar, I'm sure we can round up dacrons...
Lt Coast Gov

Tim Carter

Quote from: Tin Man Timbo on July 08, 2009, 09:53:08 PM
Has anyone confirmed that we will have a one-design start? or are we sailing mixed fleet PH?

I just got this response back from Scot Tempesta, the Anarchy editor regarding our one-D vs. PH status...

"thanks bro. it should be a great time! how about we score you as a class within a phrf class?

scot"

Anybody have any problems with this, I have none...
Lt Coast Gov

Stacey Loula

Drew Harper

Greg Jackson

Jeffrey Young

How are we going to get Dennis to enter or allow his boat to be chartered.   Arizona fleet, can you do anything?

Greg Jackson

Sweet!

Division: One Design   
      Viper 640
    1.  GBR 601 Aqua Baby Mark Hinrichs Seal Beach YC Garden Grove, CA, USA Viper 640 21   
    2.  USA 104 BoomSlang Drew Harper South Beach YC San Francisco, CA, USA Viper 640 21   
    3.  USA 36 Comfortably Numb John Riddell Arizona Yacht Club Scottsdale, AZ, USA Viper 640 21   
    4.  USA 31 Coup de Rouge Laurent Dion Arizona Yacht Club Phoenix, AZ, USA Viper 640 21   
    5.  USA 33 Happy Ending Timothy Carter ABYC Harbor City, CA, USA Viper 640 21   
    6.  USA 46 heroin Greg Jackson Arizona Yacht Club Gilbert, AZ, USA Viper 640 21   
    7.  USA 71 Hydra Antony Chapman Arizona Yacht Club Phoenix, AZ, USA Viper 640 21   
    8.  USA 38 Sheriff Bart Jason Donkersley Arizona Yacht Club Scottsdale, AZ, USA Viper 640 21   
    9.  USA 34 Snake Eyes Glenn VanHeel San Fernando Valley Yacht Club Huntington Beach, CA, USA Viper 640 21   
    10.  USA 53 Wiley's Revenge Bill Chase  Lodi, Ca, USA Viper 640 21

Jeffrey Young

Congratulations, Viperer!  Most boats in the San Diego event.  I was on the phone with Dennis #72 to be the 10th boat when I saw that the 50th slot had been taken by a Viper.  I urged him to register as an alternate for the race in case someone drops out.  And, to bring his boat to the event anyway if it hasn't sold as a display boat or to give rides -- he would have a good chance of selling it.

The class is taking off here on the West coast.

Drew Harper

I think Brian's on for it too.

We might as well support this event big-time as it should be fun and great press. This will be a one-two punch after having one of the Sailing World editors race the Nationals the previous week.

Great Job everyone....even better news.

Just sold Hull #74 (Rondar Demo Boat) to a new owner at Richmond Yacht Club. He was into a new boat but the production lag time wouldn't suit him as he wanted it NOW after the awesome demo we ran last weekend. Boat should be here in two weeks time.

He won't race a bunch but will show up for the NorCal events. GREAT guy and will be a solid ambassador at RYC which is NorCal's version of ABYC.... dozens of drysailed boats at a great family club.

Stacey Loula

Entry now open to 60 boats in case someone didn't get in at the last minute or is available to charter !