Viper Canadian Champs (Pan-Am Qualifier) - Sarnia Yacht Club - August 29/30

Started by Darren Gilbert, August 06, 2015, 04:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Gilbert

Thanks Peter.  I believe we are up to 10 boats now.  I'm just waiting for the 10th to indicate on here he's coming.  It would be great if we could draw a few East Coast boats.
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Lee Shuckerow

This regatta is shaping up to be a good one. Eric is sailing Jackpot and I'm sailing with Nick Ward for his first regatta. Should be a blast.

Who's going to be the tenth boat to sign up? Double digits on the line would be awesome.

Jackpot  #235

Darren Gilbert

1 - Viper 29, Black Sheep
#2 - Viper 165, Average Joes
#3 - Viper 194, Preflight
#4 - Viper 235, Jackpot
#5 - Viper 57, Medusa
#6 - Viper 211, Oshunmare
#7 - Viper 70, Grendel
#8 - Viper 87, Lucky Varment
#9 - Viper 43, Zigzag
#10 - Viper 58, First World Problems

Steve Chapman

Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Brad Boston

It will be nice to see all than can make it back to Sarnia Yacht Club! We will do our best to run as many races and give you the best time here!
If anyone needs anything please ask and we will do our best to accommodate you..
We have a couple boats available to sleep on if needed and a couple of crew also available.

See you here in a couple days!

Brad
Jackpot 235

Darren Gilbert

Thank you to everyone for coming out to Sarnia for the Viper Canadian Champs.  Congrats to Eric, Brad, and Nick of Jackpot for winning the event.

The Boston family did an excellent job pulling the regatta together.  They did a great job to make sure we were well fed and weren't thirsty at the after party on Saturday night. 

For those that missed this event, make sure you slot it in for 2016.  SYC is a great venue for Viper sailing and Lake Huron is one of the finest places in the world to sail.

Thanks again to everyone and good luck to all the GL boats headed to Lake Champlain for the next event (Great Lakes Championship).

Pictures are posted here http://www.phanfare.com/iphone/?i=1#pg=album&dg=2881583%3A7002290%3A-1%3A2015%3A-1%3A0

Cheers!
Darren

Peter Beardsley

And results are attached from what I am told. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Matt Rowlinson

Big thanks to the Bostons and to SYC for a great regatta; also to Darren for getting us all out there. Glad no one seems to know who was last--happy to draw a veil.

Matt CAN 70