SE Regatta: June 11-12, 2011, Fort Walton Bch, FL

Started by Craig Wilusz, January 26, 2011, 08:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Wilusz

Deborah and I have a couch in a living room and a full/queen bed in a guest room available.  For any Viper teams that want to take the offer (sans, Kevin Blank as he has kin down the street that he and the missus can crash with).

If you need crew we can work with setting any Viper teams up with decent crew.

Ordering Trophies tonight.

Farthest Travelled looks like they are getting booze, nice trophies for 1-3rd, and nice trophy for youngest crew.

Craig and Deborah
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

Our Guest room and couch got snagged up. 

Gathering decent crew options for folks.

Sebreeze is awesome this time of year when it kicks in in the afternoon.

Who's all coming?

www.fwyc.org

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on May 21, 2011, 10:36:52 AM
Who's all coming?

Jay and Salena are bringing Viper 19 - and still looking for a crew.  My wife and son conflicted out on me.

Craig Wilusz

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

Water is beautiful.  Wind is good.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on May 29, 2011, 09:23:16 AM
Water is beautiful.  Wind is good.

Understatement - the wind was GREAT!

If you haven't sailed Vipers at Fort Walton beach, you're missing one of the best venues ever.  Unlike that rainy video from New England, in Florida it was sunny, warm and windy.  The seabreeze turned on like clockwork each day shortly before race time.  We left the dock for a short fast two-sail reach out to the huge, wide open, unobstructed, no traffic, racing area where we knocked out 2 lap races in a rock steady planning wind, then another two-sail reach back to the club for beer and bbq. 

I can't imagine a better boat for that bay than the Viper - folks, it really was that much fun.  If you haven't been to Fort Walton, you should.  And if you haven't sailed a Viper there, get one!