Getting into Canada with a DUI on your record

Started by Tac Boston, June 27, 2011, 11:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tac Boston

Good Day

I know that some of you are worried that you cannot make the NA's this year as they are in Canada. I ask a buddy of mine this morning who works at the border and he gave me this # to call.

519-336-0980

Call ASAP!!!!  If you have only had one it should not be a big deal. They will make you jump through some hoops but he did not think it would be that hard to get it taken care of.

Cheers

Tac

Justin Scott

I  find it interesting that this thread has already been read 47 times.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Dan Tucker

Race it like you stole it.

Justin Scott

A certain Viper owner would like some advice regarding a boat smuggling incident at the Canadian border. Last time the guys with the maple leaf epaulettes saw him with a boat at the border, they told him in no uncertain terms that his ass had better not come close to the Dominion again. 

Other than that, his license is as clean as a whistle.

Perhaps he gets a hall pass this time under Sarnia's "forgive and forget" policy???
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Jay Harrell

What paperwork do I need for my boat and trailer to avoid a "boat smuggling" accusation?  Be VERY specific.  Old boats (trailers really) like mine have long ago lost some of their identification, and that's no big deal here in the south.  But when someone asks for papers, I need to know what to show them.

Brad Boston

I frequently cross with nothing but you should have your registration or ownership with you if possible. I will inform the boarder here in Sarnia that we are holding a North American Championship so they know. What I find is tell them the truth about what you are doing and bringing in and you will have no problem. I cross a couple times a week and have no problems on US or Canadian sides.
Brad

Doyle Boston Sailmakers
120 Michigan Ave.
Point Edward, ON
N7V 1E6
(519) 344-5236

Chris Shaughnessy

Any idea what docs they might want to see to bring over a charter boat? 

Brad Boston

I will ask customs but I believe ownership and a note from the owner. I will get back to you for sure.

Drew Harper

Quote from: Justin Scott on June 29, 2011, 12:05:06 PM
A certain Viper owner would like some advice regarding a boat smuggling incident at the Canadian border. Last time the guys with the maple leaf epaulettes saw him with a boat at the border, they told him in no uncertain terms that his ass had better not come close to the Dominion again. 

Other than that, his license is as clean as a whistle.

Perhaps he gets a hall pass this time under Sarnia's "forgive and forget" policy???

Lmao.

No, they WANT my ass there. Last time they spent about 10 hours ogling it.  I spend time these days going to countries that like Americans...there are still plenty, thankfully.

No more Canadian border nazis for me...they wield too much power and you know what they say about absolute power...lol
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Brad Boston

The Canadian Boarder is easy if you tell the truth about what you are doing!   I find the US Customs tougher and they carry guns...

Brad

Drew Harper

Quote from: Brad Boston on July 12, 2011, 02:12:00 PM
The Canadian Boarder is easy if you tell the truth about what you are doing!   I find the US Customs tougher and they carry guns...

Brad

OMG.... the Canadian Customs in Washington wore full riot gear, bullet proof vest...all carried Glock 10's and stun guns and there was a rack of M16's behind the counter. I thought they were worried about an invasion. I found them to be completely professional, all the way up until they called me a stupid American. I've had warmer reception in Paris.

They have the most beautiful government building I've ever seen. Business must be good.

As always...honesty is the best policy.

My misfortune was being the victim of an unscrupulous boat owner who was avoiding the huge duty.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Matt Sole

Quote from: Drew Harper on July 12, 2011, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: Brad Boston on July 12, 2011, 02:12:00 PM

Brad

OMG.... the Canadian Customs in Washington wore full riot gear, bullet proof vest...all carried Glock 10's and stun guns and there was a rack of M16's behind the counter. I thought they were worried about an invasion. I found them to be completely professional, all the way up until they called me a stupid American. I've had warmer reception in Paris.

So you told them you were coming then?
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78