July Larchmont Area regattas (AYC Independence, LYC Race Week)

Started by Peter Beardsley, June 17, 2014, 06:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Two regattas in Western Long Island Sound if teams want to base themselves out of Larchmont for a few weeks in July. 

July 5-6 is American YC's Independence Day Regatta.  $25 entry, no party, first warning 1255 both days, usually manage 3 races per day.  Last year we had 12 Vipers on the line for this and we should have 12-15 Vipers in 2014 at minimum.  NOR and paper entry form attached.  Storage at LYC a possibility with advance notice if you drop me a line. 

July 12-13 and July 19-20 is Larchmont Race Week.  This year, the Vipers will race both weekends, though only the second weekends counts toward the WLIS Viper Championship Series.  I expect 8-12 Vipers Weekend # 1 and 20-25 Vipers Weekend # 2.  Last year we had 22 Vipers, and we already have 10 signed up.   Tends to be a good party with social events each day, free Ben & Jerry's each day, free Mt. Gay Rum some days.  The 2-day entry fee is $85 and the 4-day entry fee is $100.  http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=1085 - I don't know yet whether there will be an option to just pay the cheaper entry fee if you're only there 2 days, but it's also a small difference and still a bargain compared to other 2-day Viper regattas. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

10 Vipers signed up for AYC Independence Day so far, 17 signed up for LYC Race Week.  More to follow.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Independence Day recap and results posted at http://forum.viper640.org/index.php?topic=1727.msg16276#new

19 Vipers now signed up for LYC Race Week, still expecting a couple more entries - likely to be 8-12 Vipers on Weekend 1, and 18-20 Vipers on Weekend 2.  If you need crew, housing, etc. and want to sail, please let me know. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Brad Boston

We are really looking forward to sailing in Larchmont this weekend! It will be a nice change to get back into the Viper after a couple months away..
Brad
Jackpot 211

Peter Beardsley

Viper 333 "Glory Days"