Long Beach Race Week

Started by Glenn Selvin, March 06, 2009, 06:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey Young

I don't think so.  I think they need to do it themselves.  I'll check though.

I received a confirmatory email that my registration was complete.  The email had a link for updating the registration information.  When I clicked on the link, I was able to update my information.  The drop-down menu for the desired class included viper 640, which I selected.  When I checked the website later, my name was under the Viper 640 class.

r/ Jeff

Drew Harper

Registered....Viper 640 class.

Finn...I owe ya a beer. Thanks for bustin' yer ass and putting this regatta...ahem...party on!

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Thomas A. Dent

Hello Viper Skippers,

I am not sure that this forum is the correct venue for this, but here goes:

I am looking to crew on, and pehaps in the future, purchase, one of these excellent sport boats. I met Justin Scott at Charleston Race Week, and crewed for him on Mambo Kings, and we had a blast.

It looks like there will be a One Design Start for you guys at LBRW, and I would love to crew, if anyone is looking for someone who is familiar with the design, and knows how to pull some stings.
I have a good sailing resume', including: Many Events on Lake Michigan, '06 Chicago NOOD- Best Boat Overall J-105 crew, Chicago Verve, Chicago to Mac, Delivery Skipper on return, Key West, Multiple Chesapeake Bay events, Nationals, North Americans, and Several SF Bay events. Charters to Catalina Island, etc...

Let me know if interested
Tom Dent
(314) 954-7699
[email protected]

Glenn Vanheel

looks like 6 boats for lbrw. any more az. boats interested?
F'ing Walker!

Kevin Kienast

As a follow up Tom and I are now doing LBRW (a boat has been generously provided) and we are seeking (interviewing ;-) for a third soul.  Feel free to contact Tom down south or me if you want a lift from the Bay area.  use "ronin42 at yahoo dot com" if you want to email me directly.  LBRW looks like it will be a blast.

Carpe Diem

Rythm Method

Jeff Jones

how much weigh you boys lookin' for? 

Hubba Hubba

Justin Scott

Hey Guys,

Just got the confirm from Tom Dent that they are chartering a boat for LBRW. That's great.

I just know that the Vipe is going to get traction on the Left Coast.  This is exactly how we started on the Right Coast. A few boats getting together for a few regattas. Sharing and spreading the word with our friends.  Growing just one boat at a time.

We were very careful not to set high expectations. We were very different from Laser which set expectations for the SB3 of immediate huge one design fleets. We were much more modest in what it took for us to have a good time.

Instead we were happy to mix up some PHRF and some one design. We had fun with 2 or 3 boats local to each other. We celebrated a regatta where 5 or 6 Vipers got together for a rendezvous regatta. The racing was close, the boats were fast, the friendships were good - what was not to like?  And then someone would see that and buy the 7th boat and we high fived.

Our NAs had 9 boats on the line and 6 of us had a blast getting together at St Pete that winter.

If 6 boats can have so much fun, then its easy for someone to buy the next boat.

3 years later we have 30+ boats on the line.......but I maintain, that it is still fun to go bash aound the marks with 4 or 5 Vipers. You guys are doing all the right things. Good luck and have fun!
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Glenn Selvin

I was at the LBRW planning meeting last night...  the Vipers officially have a start of their own on the onshore circle.  Six boats...  who'd a thunk!  So come on down for Long Beach Race Week, enjoy three days of racing and two days of heavy partying.

And Dave?  Try not to tip over!  But if you do...  remember that rescue boat last year?  The one with the girls with the large bazzooms?

Enjoy...  I'm stuck on shore this year.

Glenn Selvin
Middle Guy on Sheriff Bart #38 and Happy Ending #33
Oh, yeah, and co-chair of Long Beach Race Week

Drew Harper

Quote from: Finnster on June 17, 2009, 05:42:01 PM
The one with the girls with the large bazzooms?

:-))  He said bazzooms =o

So far we have two rockstarettes at LBRW.  Mahalynn Lu fresh off her win on the Andrews 77 at Swiftsure and Deb Tamburri who's the latest SCOTW on Sailing Anarchy.  Where the he*^ is Stacey?
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Kelly Dent

Looking for a ride at LBRW.  Who needs crew?   I've been sailing 10 years, racing 6.   Regular crew on Viper  (2 seasons).  Athletic female 150 lbs.  [email protected]

fast eddie

Hi

34 year old 169 lb. male looking for a ride for LBRW.  I have never been on a Viper but am familiar with smaller sportboats with assymetrical kites.  I frequently have raced Melges 24, Ultimate 24, Ultimate 20, and J 24.  I competed in the Melges 24 Nationals last weekend.

If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it!!!

Thanks,

Steve

[email protected]

Thomas A. Dent

Hey All,
Looks like the crew available pool is deep, sure would be nice to scare up another crotch-rocket for them to play on.
Any possibles out there? Bazooms not withstanding...

I can vouch for sailchick. Solid, skilled crew, and not too hard on the eyes...;-}

Kevin Kienast

This just in.

It looks like "Aqua Baby" is loosing rockette #2 to Block Island Race Week so I will be filling that spot ASAP (not first come first serve, but close).

ronin42 at yahoo dot com

Kelly Dent

Quote from: Rhythm Method on June 19, 2009, 07:23:14 PM
This just in.

It looks like "Aqua Baby" is loosing rockette #2 to Block Island Race Week so I will be filling that spot ASAP (not first come first serve, but close).

510 712 9872
or
ronin42 at yahoo dot com

Dude, no need to look.  I can fill it.  I know the Viper.

Kevin Kienast

OK Rockette #3, your in.  Sorry AquaBaby is full for LBRW.