Long Beach Race Week

Started by Glenn Selvin, March 06, 2009, 06:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Jackson

Sorry, but I'll be in SD for the Bucc 18 NA's that week. I will check to see if my crew can take my boat though.

heroin
USA 46

(Make sure Boomslang shaves his upper lip, he'll go slower!)

Laurent Dion

#31 will be there  , that is 3 so far
Laurent.

Glenn Vanheel

F'ing Walker!

Mark Hinrichs

I am working on getting #64 equipped with a skipper and crew for LBRW...  I have to sail that regatta in another OD class.   Mark

Drew Harper

Ok, Let's Chime in again. Sorry guys and gals, I don't know who owns what boat.

#104 - Spinnaker "BoomSlang"
#33 - Morse - "HappyEnding" (love that name :-))
#?? -  VDad "Sheriff Bart"
#31 - Laurent
#34 - ????

Maybe

#46 - Heroin (if John and ?? will sail it) Maybe get Tony and Stacey which will put together the CRW crew?
#64 - Mark's boat. He can't race it at LBRW.

Is this list correct? Anyone else we can convince to come?

Let's all put on out thinking caps here. Wish I could convince some of the Texas boys to come, but that will involve us promising to drive out to the BIG state for a race or two. Road Trip?
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

David Morse

I'm down for the Lone Star thing.  I'll check my liberal card at the Cali. border.  I't would be mighty nice if one or two Texans hit the road.

Greg Jackson

Quote from: BoomSlang on May 15, 2009, 10:07:42 AM
Ok, Let's Chime in again. Sorry guys and gals, I don't know who owns what boat.

#104 - Spinnaker "BoomSlang"
#33 - Morse - "HappyEnding" (love that name :-))
#?? -  VDad "Sheriff Bart"
#31 - Laurent
#34 - ????

Maybe

#46 - Heroin (if John and ?? will sail it) Maybe get Tony and Stacey which will put together the CRW crew?
#64 - Mark's boat. He can't race it at LBRW.

Is this list correct? Anyone else we can convince to come?

Let's all put on out thinking caps here. Wish I could convince some of the Texas boys to come, but that will involve us promising to drive out to the BIG state for a race or two. Road Trip?

Tony will be racing against me down at the Bucc thing in SD...

Glenn Selvin

Ok, so let me see if I have this straight.  Dave and I are driving up to Ashland, Ore. tomorrow to pick up a Viper.  So, at Long Beach Race Week, out of the whopping four boats that are committing, two of them are Dave's?  And this is a growing class? 

Now, here's where I get confused....  seems that some of the Viper owners in Arizona are sailing freaking Buccaneer 18's instead of promoting the Viper class in LBRW, instead, they're simply going to let the Viper's traction on the west coast die out so they can go sail a fucking Buccaneer 18?

Ok, I've got my drill...  check.  A caulking gun full of 5200...  check.  Nuts and bolts...  check.  We're going to go add life lines and a bow pulpit to our Viper, knowing that we're truly banished to PHRF racing.

Nice job, guys, nice job.

Jeffrey Young

I would be interested in chartering.  Live in San Diego.  Could drive up for check out.  I crewed for Ray & Lisa Sanchez-Pescador at the High Sierras last year.

Drew Harper

Quote from: Finnster on May 15, 2009, 04:46:46 PM
Ok, so let me see if I have this straight.  Dave and I are driving up to Ashland, Ore. tomorrow to pick up a Viper.  So, at Long Beach Race Week, out of the whopping four boats that are committing, two of them are Dave's?  And this is a growing class? 

Now, here's where I get confused....  seems that some of the Viper owners in Arizona are sailing freaking Buccaneer 18's instead of promoting the Viper class in LBRW, instead, they're simply going to let the Viper's traction on the west coast die out so they can go sail a fucking Buccaneer 18?

Ok, I've got my drill...  check.  A caulking gun full of 5200...  check.  Nuts and bolts...  check.  We're going to go add life lines and a bow pulpit to our Viper, knowing that we're truly banished to PHRF racing.

Nice job, guys, nice job.

Oh, damn, don't tell me it's so. I was FORCED to sail Melges 24's yesterday to help out a friend. I tell you, my ass is broken, my spleen is about ready to burst and my hands are shredded. We simply HAVE to get some traction out here.

We'll get this done Fin...just a burp in the mainsheet of life.

Tony was the Long Distance traveler at CRW this week...AZ to SC.

[/quote]

Quote from: jacare on May 16, 2009, 02:54:42 PM
I would be interested in chartering.  Live in San Diego.  Could drive up for check out.  I crewed for Ray & Lisa Sanchez-Pescador at the High Sierras last year.

Hey Heroin, any chance you can charter your boat to Jacare? Now here's the BIG question, can you bring it with you to LBRW ??? :-D 

Drew Harper

Just got an email from Laurent.

Here's the current list of likely registrants.

AZ boats
#21,
#31,

CAL boats
David Morse either one or both of his boats  #33 and #38
New Owners Nigel Brownett and Glenn Van Hell of #34 are planning on it.
Hull #104

SOOOOO, Finn, it's looking GOOD.

Can EVERYONE go register VERY soon so we can get out the buzz that we have a OD start at LBRW. This should be pretty huge for fleet development and sends a strong one across the bow of the naysayers.

Thank you all VERY much for making the Viper class one of the BEST OD classes in the country !!

David Morse

Greg Jackson

Quote from: BoomSlang on May 19, 2009, 11:58:16 AM
Just got an email from Laurent.

Here's the current list of likely registrants.

AZ boats
#21,
#31,

CAL boats
David Morse either one or both of his boats  #33 and #38
New Owners Nigel Brownett and Glenn Van Hell of #34 are planning on it.
Hull #104

SOOOOO, Finn, it's looking GOOD.

Can EVERYONE go register VERY soon so we can get out the buzz that we have a OD start at LBRW. This should be pretty huge for fleet development and sends a strong one across the bow of the naysayers.

Thank you all VERY much for making the Viper class one of the BEST OD classes in the country !!

Quick correction, 46 is still out. Jacare, PM me if you are interested in chartering...

Mark Hinrichs

Hull #64 is trying to gain crew for the regatta, unfortunately I cannot race her as I am committed to race my other OD boat.  We could use some help..  We have Mark Richardson, who can drive, but we need crew..  I want to put her in play for this regatta, and will do everything I can.. 

Thanks,

Mark

Glenn Selvin

So far, a whopping zero are signed up.  Zero...  that's, ahem, one less than one, and six less than the needed six boats.  Show your ability to commit, enter and pay the entry fee.  For all those who's girlfriends says you're afraid of commitment?  This is what they're talking about.  Go to lbrw.org, and register.

Don't make me have Dave come out and hunt you down like a dog!