Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Shuckerow

Quote from: David Guggenheim on November 08, 2010, 06:42:42 PM
David Eve Lake Snake   # 75
Guggs  Black Mamba # 109
Jay Harrol  #19
David Furna #55
Lee Shuckerow #119
Might as well sail in NC. Its always a fun and the pulled pork is always great.
Jackpot  #235

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Lee Shuckerow on November 08, 2010, 09:17:54 PM
Quote from: David Guggenheim on November 08, 2010, 06:42:42 PM
David Eve Lake Snake   # 75
Guggs  Black Mamba # 109
Jay Harrell  #19
David Furna #55
Lee Shuckerow #119
Might as well sail in NC. Its always a fun and the pulled pork is always great.

Yeah, that's the spirit!  Might as well come on down - it's supposed to be 67 degrees and sunny there next weekend.    A good bit warmer than Midlands last weekend...

David Furna

Dan Tucker

I have to pass this year, though I really enjoyed it last year.

Dan
Race it like you stole it.

David Furna

My first time racing on Lake Norman, and got to say they have a great facility and location. The weather was beautiful, but the winds were light....but filled in for 3 races on Sunday. Mr. Guggenheim gave us all a lesson in boat speed as expected. Congrats David.

So appearantly since we didn't "pre register" enough Vipers, no trophy was given. The trophies for the U-20's were a bottle of Wild Turkey. So if 4 Vipers show up and give you $55....can't you go buy the liquor store and get a bottle of booze with the $220? Just a little something to congratulate the winner?

The J-80 winner got nothing too, for the same reason.

Had to say it.......now it's on to 2011! Had a great freshman year with my Viper. Thx guys

Jay Harrell

Great to finally meet Mr Furna and crew!

Very bummed that I missed I had to miss the Sunday races, but the stuff I went home to deal with turned out to be necessary, productive and even interesting.

So that's it for 2010 here in the Southeast - I'm already looking forward to next year.

We've been asked by the U20 fleet to look at more joint regional one design regattas with them - it's a good match and I hope we can make some work out.

Quote from: David Furna on November 15, 2010, 08:48:40 AM
My first time racing on Lake Norman, and got to say they have a great facility and location. The weather was beautiful, but the winds were light....but filled in for 3 races on Sunday. Mr. Guggenheim gave us all a lesson in boat speed as expected. Congrats David.

So apparently since we didn't "pre register" enough Vipers, no trophy was given. The trophies for the U-20's were a bottle of Wild Turkey. So if 4 Vipers show up and give you $55....can't you go buy the liquor store and get a bottle of booze with the $220? Just a little something to congratulate the winner?

The J-80 winner got nothing too, for the same reason.

Had to say it.......now it's on to 2011! Had a great freshman year with my Viper. Thx guys

Jeff Jones

I wonder if the U20's would be interested in going down to New Orleans with us this March.  The more the merrier !   There might be a few Texas U20's that would be interested in making the trip.

BTW, straw-poll shows 13 boat's so far.  MGRW!

David Furna

Quote from: Jeff Jones on November 15, 2010, 11:20:41 AM
I wonder if the U20's would be interested in going down to New Orleans with us this March.  The more the merrier !   There might be a few Texas U20's that would be interested in making the trip.

BTW, straw-poll shows 13 boat's so far.  MGRW!

Oh yea, the U20 guys were great....especially giving us poor motorless Viper guys a tow in! Works well being on the same course.

David Guggenheim

Thanks Dave for the words , got to give the credit to John Potter who sail with me , he steered and I crewed.  Sailing two up, is fun at the mark rounding .We need to sail in your neck of the woods soon .