Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Borer

trying to make some concrete plans

Any thoughts on where to stay?

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Drake Borer on August 29, 2010, 11:03:53 PM
Any thoughts on where to stay?

For what it's worth--

Seems like the HoJo and Courtyard in Rye are sold out. But I did find this place in Mamaroneck:

http://www.mamaroneckmotel.com/

Rooms are ~$80, seems nice enough.

72 hrs cancellation policy.
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Drake Borer

Doug Mroz

Stamford has some nice hotels at good rates. Thats where we are staying. Its about a 20min ride. I think our rate was like 78 a night.

Lee Shuckerow

We stayed at a hotel last year about twenty minutes away last year. There aren't any real close but Stamford has a lot of hotels. Finding someone to put you up in a house is the way to go, there are plenty of people with some big houses if you can set it up.
Once you get there, there is a hoist and and we left our boats on the dock last year. Last years racing was a blast even though it's only two days we got a lot of racing with big breeze. We have our highest recorded speed on the Viper of 22.2 knots on the velocitek.
Jackpot  #235

Jeff Jones

We'd like to get out sailing after lunch on Friday.  If there are enough boat's, perhaps a few practice races?   Wabbit starts?

Justin Scott

Quote from: Duncan Adams on August 21, 2010, 06:26:18 AM
Anyone doing this event but not planning on buying one of these cheap kites? Bit of a long shot I know but i'm really struggling to get a kite (i can afford) for my Viper. I would love to do the event but we sail ing the UK so it's a bit too far. If you be interested in making a few bucks by buying one and selling it to me I'd be a very happy man!  OR if you buy on and then want to sell you old (but hopefully Good) kite I'd also be interested.
Hopefully someone can help?!

FYI. We cannot sell our EFG kites. Part of the deal is that we commit to wearing the EFG kite at 2011 sancyioned regattas. But I might have a cheap kite for you. Which boat number are you? Get your boat # and contact info to Charles Goodrich (class secy).

There is a UK team coming to HPDO.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

TWENTY SEVEN BOATS REGISTERED.

Whahooooo. Lets go through thirty!
Viper - Mambo Kings

Duncan Adams

Thanks Justin,
The Boat number is GBR602. (although there was some confusion that it might be 605 but Paul Young thinks it's 602 and thats good enough for me.)
I haven't got any contact details for Charles?
We'd love to come out but sadly money is tight this year, maybe do an event next season??

Justin Scott

Thirty Four Vipers and counting
Viper - Mambo Kings

Dave Dougall

#28 from Lake George NY makes 35 Viper's on the line for HPDO.
DD

Lee Shuckerow

If anyone needs a crew let me know we have one from Detroit area about 140lbs. Been sailing on vipers this summer and fall and wants to sail.
Jackpot  #235

atgracely

I am looking to crew at this event, I pay my own way and I bring the beer.

Olaf Bleck

I am crewless at the moment due to some lack of commitments thus far, so I may be looking shortly.

Send me  a note at obleck [at] gmail if interested.

Cheers
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Matt Sole

Olaf, drew harper was looking for a spot.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78