ISAF Cancelled! Wha??? Bummer...

Started by Mark Hinrichs, August 11, 2011, 12:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hinrichs

In my email this morning:

From the 2011 International Sportboat Anarchy Festival event:

i am sorry to inform you that this year's sa world's are not going to be run. there are a number of factors which have hindered my ability  to put together the quality event that we have in the past, and as such feel it better to call it off for this go around.

my apologies in advance for any plans this notice may have interrupted and my hope is that 2012 will see us able to run the regatta, and we will be working towards that goal!  thanks to both west marine and cyc for their patience and undertsanding.

best,

scot tempesta

ps - if you have a paid entry through pay pal, simply get a refund through their website.

Tim Carter

A call has already been placed to CYC....  stand by, we may sail yet....  it just won't be called ISAF.  I told the Race Management chair that all we require is a start line and a bar...   :)
Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Chris Shaughnessy

that sounds like fun, slam down few cold ones at the bar & run out to the docks for an old school Le Mans start.

Jim Sears

We are in if we sail & drink... Or drink & sail... Or sail/drink... Either way....
F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal

Drew Harper

Still trying to hear back from Coronado YC on this. We're in with Viper #149 and K6 #212. We will also have a Rondar C420 with us :-)))
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Tim Carter

The Regatta is ON!!!  Sat & Sun, Sport Boats on the South Bay, must be the SBsq. Regatta....   :)

here is the NOR
Lt Coast Gov

Justin Scott

I dont see any mention of the Le mans start from the club bar.

Frankly I thought Chris was onto something there.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee