Charleston Race Week -2012. Let's make it the largest Viper attendance ever.

Started by Justin Scott, December 08, 2011, 07:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Chapman

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Justin Scott on March 20, 2012, 03:13:10 PM
Just for old times sake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPwvCUas_Kk

Half way through, Clean challanges us to get up to 25 Vipers on the start line.

That blast from the past was was from CRW 2008, and in 2009 we rose to that challenge and actually got 32 on the line at CRW. I think we're slacking. Can't we get 45 to CRW this year??

2008 NA's were Marblehead NOOD, 24 Vipers actually raced.
2007 NA's were Marblehead NOOD, 17 Vipers actually raced, and we were thrilled.

We've come a long way baby!

I'm getting fired up to push for 60 at the 2012 NA's in Marblehead in September!
Race it like you stole it.

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: David Chapman on March 20, 2012, 04:46:11 PM
what happened to Barry Parkin???

he still got his boat?
Yes, but Opti Team Trials are the following week and his son, along with his Viper co-owner's son, are on the verge of whooping all of us in Vipers in a few years, so that's where that commitment is.  I expect we'll see them on the east coast circuit this summer at a few events and in Western Long Island Sound, plus NAs. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

David Chapman

does everyone try to hit the road on sunday night or are there still a few people around?

Peter Beardsley

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Matt Sole

Always hit the road sunday night in the past but this year we pussied out and will now be leaving monday
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

David Furna

We usually leave Sunday, but that boat ramp situation makes it tough. BRING YOUR BUG SPRAY!!!!

Craig Wilusz

Re: Charleston Race Week -2012. Let's make it the largest Viper attendance ever.
« Reply #81 on: Today at 08:31:29 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We usually leave Sunday, but that boat ramp situation makes it tough. BRING YOUR BUG SPRAY!!!!

And Deordorant, water, beer, and rum
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

David Furna

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on March 21, 2012, 11:10:50 AM
Re: Charleston Race Week -2012. Let's make it the largest Viper attendance ever.
« Reply #81 on: Today at 08:31:29 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Deordorant, water, beer, and rum

they make deodorant that works like Bug Spray? awesome..... lots of Rum, If not, look for the Wilusz mobile mansion!

Justin Scott

Quote from: Matt Sole on March 21, 2012, 12:27:21 AM
Always hit the road sunday night in the past but this year we pussied out and will now be leaving monday

Sunday night. Then meet at Wafflehouse at 2 am for early breakfast.

Zimm has the photo somewhere of Vipers lined up in front of Wafflehouse in the middle of the night in 2009. We owned the place. Andy fell asleep at the table, face down, splat. "No man left behind", so they put him in the back seat. I drove few more miles then hit the local Hampton Inn. Fun ride. It is key to time the DC -NY corridor to avoid the commuter traffic.     
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Darren Gilbert

Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Jeebers. I'm having problems booking a restaurant for us all on saturday night.

I tell them 80 to 100 people. They like that. Then when I either mention Vipers or Lee Shuckerow they get all evasive.

Seriously, if anyone with local knowledge has a good idea, send me a pm or email.

I have  highly recommended bar on Sullivan's Island which has a great band playing later, which will give me a bunch of tickets to get in. (Thanks to jamie Ewing for that intro).

Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Stop Press:

Greg Fisher, Director of Sailing at College of Charleston, winner of 21 NA championships across 7 classes has agreed to co-host (along with our regulars) the post racing debrief and coaching session. It will be great to get his local knowledge and insights on what has been going on across the race course.

Of course, no debrief would be complete without Brad and the ever-youthful Ched ("i'm just reaching my prime") insights. I trust that Brad and Ched are on for this again. The rest of the fleet finds this feedback really useful, and the emphasis at Charleston is going to be about sharing knowledge and pushing tuning and go-fast tips down through out the fleet.

Thanks in anticipation. 
Viper - Mambo Kings