Charleston Race Week -2012. Let's make it the largest Viper attendance ever.

Started by Justin Scott, December 08, 2011, 07:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Furna

I was wondering where Debra's entry was....$50 might get you half way into Georgia.

Darren Gilbert

Thanks for the reminder guys.  Just paid up with a little over an hour to spare!
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Fletcher

According to the CRW site and FB page, you have a few more days before the price goes up. Jan 31st is the  day apparently.

Only 8 more boats needed to eclipse the all time largest viper event!
Viper 207 Back in Business

Dave Nickerson

Yeah, I got an email on the extenstion today from the organizers.  Now it's 1/31, "but I really mean it".
Who knows, but if you are on the fence - commit and sign up - great event.

Watch out that they don't "sell out" and shut down the inshore courses on that date.
Good incentive to register and pay up.  Let the other classes get get whacked by a registration cut-off this year.
Hopefully we get advance notice.
Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Craig Wilusz

Anybody organizing the Viper pit yet?  That was really nice last year, not so nice with the current, but nice.  Ready to start paying. 
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Lee Eikel

apparentlly all the rooms at the Charleston Harbor Marina are sold out.  Can anyone recommend any other places to stay?  Any other docking alternatives?  Thanks

Jonathan Nye

You want to dock at the resort - this is included with your entry.

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Lee Eikel on January 26, 2012, 03:55:30 PM
apparentlly all the rooms at the Charleston Harbor Marina are sold out.  Can anyone recommend any other places to stay?  Any other docking alternatives?  Thanks

I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn two years running now.  It's quite acceptable low-end lodging and very close to the venue. 

Darren Gilbert

Quote from: Fletcher on January 24, 2012, 08:37:53 PM
According to the CRW site and FB page, you have a few more days before the price goes up. Jan 31st is the  day apparently.

Only 8 more boats needed to eclipse the all time largest viper event!

Where/when was the all time largest Viper event?

Matt Sole

I am going to put my money on the 2009 Viper NA's. 37 boats in attendance.
Closely followed by the 2010 High Performance Dinghy Open with 35 boats.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Darren Gilbert

The largest event was in 2009?  With all the boats sold since then, it's hard to believe that records aren't broken annually.

Tim Carter

Is there a snowballs chance in ....,  Boats availible for this adventure???   
Lt Coast Gov

Alec Rapaport

I'm just impressed Soley remembers the 2009 NAs.  My last recollection was of him dancing with the inflatable Goslings bottle.

Quote from: Darren Gilbert on February 09, 2012, 12:11:13 PM
The largest event was in 2009?  With all the boats sold since then, it's hard to believe that records aren't broken annually.

Justin Scott

Quote from: Alec Rapaport on February 09, 2012, 05:38:56 PM
I'm just impressed Soley remembers the 2009 NAs.  My last recollection was of him dancing with the inflatable Goslings bottle.

Quote from: Darren Gilbert on February 09, 2012, 12:11:13 PM

Hey Alec, You're alive!

My favorite part of that story was when he tried to smuggle the 4 foot high inflatable Gosling bottle out of the party. He stuffed it about 2/3rds down his pants with the bottle neck sticking out. The attractive Goslings marketing and PR lady caught him at the exit. The conversation went something like this. Bear in mind that Soley was having focus and vision problems at this stage.

Goslings Lass: "Hey where do you think you are going with that?"
Soley "What?"
Goslings Lass:  "That!", pointing at Soley's crutch where the bottle was sticking out.
In slow motion, soley lookes down at his pants, then looks up at Miss Goslings, desperately trying to focus his vision, then a slow beautificic smile crosses his face and he replies:
"Oh that, I'm just happy to see you"

She let him keep the bottle. Amazing. 
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Brad Dumas

Hey guys. I'm headed down to mardi gras race week in a week or so and then immediately dragging the boat to charleston. Looking for a place store it for the 2 months or so in between adventures. I just can't bear dragging it back and forth to upstate ny so if anybody has any leads or has done it before please let me know. Thanks