Arizona Yacht Club's Birthday Regatta and Lukemia Cup 2010

Started by Greg Jackson, November 04, 2009, 08:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Harper

Anyone looking to Charter or Crew on a Viper for the AZ Leukemia Cup, please contact me soon.

We may have 1 or 2 boats available for charter. We're working hard to double our number of boats that raced last year....6.

We have boats traveling to Phoenix from San Francisco, LA, Texas, New Mexico. Gotta love the Viper Fleet !!

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Stacey Loula

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to find out who's registered. How many do we FOR SURE have coming out??

Drew Harper

Quote from: VENOMISS on December 10, 2009, 01:53:30 PM
There doesn't seem to be anywhere to find out who's registered. How many do we FOR SURE have coming out??

I'll leave that up to you oh-queen-of-the-fleet :D

Stacey Loula

Quote from: BoomSlang on December 10, 2009, 01:59:12 PM
Quote from: VENOMISS on December 10, 2009, 01:53:30 PM

I'll leave that up to you oh-queen-of-the-fleet :D

Nope, not me. It has to be the "powers that be" of the website.

Greg Jackson

Drew Harper

Quote from: heroin on December 10, 2009, 02:57:54 PM
As of five minutes ago, I am the only Viper registrant...

http://www.arizonayachtclub.org/TheCalendar/2010/birthday_regatta.shtml

Just signed us up.

Last count, unofficially is 9 boats with a possible of 14-16. I'm hoping for 12 which doubles our attendance last year !!!

Tim Carter

Ok, I know I a little slow on the up-take....

Are the Viper's sailing in the "Birthday Regat" or the "Leukemia Cup" or both?????
Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

Quote from: Timbo on December 10, 2009, 06:46:16 PM
Ok, I know I a little slow on the up-take....

Are the Viper's sailing in the "Birthday Regat" or the "Leukemia Cup" or both?????

The Arizona Yacht Club's Birtday Regatta is January 15th through the 17th.

January 16th and 17th only, is our Pacific Coast Championship.

The Lukemia Cup is (obviously) for the cure and is a one day event (with a seperate tax deductable entry fee) awarded from Saturday's results. Don't forget to get some donations. Large enough and you can have a sail with Gary Jobson. A little smaller and you can get a 10% off coupn for a new North sail. Check here http://www.arizonayachtclub.org/TheCalendar/2010/birthday_regatta.shtml and scroll down and Cameron can set up your own fund raising site for you...

Friday is a "fun" race and not included in the PCC's, but trophies (and beer) will be awarded.

I'm using Friday for a tune up day...

Tim Carter

So the Leukemia entry would basicly be a contrbution to the cause...

Are you entering the Friday's racing for "tune-up" ?
Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

Quote from: Timbo on December 10, 2009, 11:54:28 PM
So the Leukemia entry would basicly be a contrbution to the cause...

Are you entering the Friday's racing for "tune-up" ?

Exactly, plus more trophies.

Also, if you enter the Lukemia Cup, Fridays race is included at no cost...

Tony Chapman

i have registered #71 and Laurent has registered #31.  It looks like this could be the largest viper event yet on the west coast.  Come along - it will be good.  Tony C

Greg Jackson

All right, four boats registered.

It's time for the rest of you to put in... let's make the vippers the largest fleet on the lake!

Greg Jackson

We've fleeted... keep signing up and let's make the Vipers the dominant fleet for the regatta!

Thanks guys...

Drew Harper

Ike V from the Bay Area is possible looking to Charter a Viper. His boat (#10?) is in serious rebuild. He's doing the keel first and the boat is offline.

If anyone knows of a boat for charter, please let me know.

Wonder if Don Z will charter his?

atgracely

I am looking to crew on a viper for this event. I have a lot of experiance sailing dinghies and sportboats. Anyone have any leads?