Annapolis NOOD - May 3-4, 2014

Started by Peter Beardsley, February 21, 2014, 10:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Chapman

Great to see 10 boats signed up now!

It would be very helpful to know where we launch from.
I would like to find accommodation close to the launch site.
Any ideas welcome...

Steve Chapman
Oshunmare
Viper #87
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Tyler Moore

Hi Everyone,

We will be launching out of Eastport YC.  Closest YC to the race course and once out of the Club boat basin, you are in the harbor.  Boats will stay in the water at EYC.  It will cost each boat $20 to store the trailers nearby.  I believe that is total for the weekend but it's possible that is per day.  Anyway, Eastport YC is an awesome spot and we have club member Carl Smit to thank for arranging it and Dan Bowman and Geoff Ewenson for searching all the logistics and contacting all the parties involved here.  If you see them, buy 'em a beer. 

Next on my agenda is getting everyone checked in THU night.  Details to follow.

I'll be there Friday morning and will practice in the afternoon with whoever is interested. 

Joe Healey

Thanks Tyler, I was wondering what to do about registration.
Viper 121 Live Wire

Steve Chapman

Well done Tyler!
We'll arrive late Thursday, too late to register, so well done.

We're up for a Friday afternoon sail. Plan to be at Eastport YC in the morning to get rigged and launched.

Steve
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Dan Tucker

Vipers will be launching and docking at Eastport YC, on First St (around the corner from APS and next door to SSA). Trailers will have to be stored in their next door neighbor's yard, for $20 for the weekend.

Please everyone remember that sort of like Miami, this is a big event that somewhat overwhelms the local sailing infrastructure. Courtesy and respect goes a long way to getting us invited back! Please try to get in and out of EYC quickly and with as little fuss as possible. Things like dropping off your boat and parking your car on the street make a big difference... You'll be able to push the boat around, and the trailer to the neighbor.

As we now have a couple of Vipers living in Annapolis, and a multi-year strategy to grow a fleet there, you all can really help by making sure that Vipers are the "friendly & courteous" fleet, as usual!
Race it like you stole it.