Annapolis NOOD

Started by Michael Gravitt, April 14, 2012, 05:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Gravitt

Annapolis NOOD. May 4-6. Storage for boats after Charleston. Lots of great racing, great parties and lots of boats.

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Michael Gravitt on April 14, 2012, 05:35:39 AM
Annapolis NOOD. May 4-6. Storage for boats after Charleston. Lots of great racing, great parties and lots of boats.
I think we have 5 boats signed up already. Would REALLY like to have a few more, as we're working on establishing a fleet there.
Race it like you stole it.

Dave Nickerson

Our boat is in and Mark Hillman, a local J/24 ace will be driving.  Should be a lot of fun.  Will trade everything I learn about local knowlege for beer. 

We are sailing out of the Annapolis Sailing School. We have a deal with them for storage after Charleston and also to dry sail from there, hauling each day.  Avoids all the crowds at AYC and is much closer to the race course.
Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Matt Sole

Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Dave Nickerson

Yes, a hoist.  It's the one from EYC, moved over to Annap Sailing School while EYC is under construction.
Plus there's a ramp if you really want to...
Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Dave Nickerson

Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Richard Prieto

Early entry discount ends today at 5PM. 
Viper 124
Southold NY

Justin Scott

Looks like Day one was LOTS OF FUN.

I hope you all were not "dry" boats. It looked like it was one of those days to pull out the rum.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Dan Tucker

Day 1 was a shut out, with a thunderstorm rolling through and no breeze in it's wake.

Saturday was a light day, but got 3 races in. Everyone had fun. Dave Nickerson & I held a little debrief in the dock afterwards fueled by Dark and Stormies supplied by Bitten. That really seemed to help tighten up the pack for the 1st race on Sunday, and for the abandoned 2nd drifter.

Locals Mark Hillman (driving 18 with Dave N) and Eric Reinke (driving 180 with me) demonstrated the importance of local knowledge in Annapolis. It was the first time my head didn't hurt from racing there, simply because I didn't have to try to figure it out myself!

I'm going back this weekend to take locals sailing. Eric who is on the Board of SSA, is inviting the rest of the board to come out. I think he likes the boat...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Race it like you stole it.