Southern Racing Logistics - Yankee Needs Help

Started by Jonathan Nye, November 16, 2008, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Nye

Am coming south for CRW and am thinking of adding St. Pete. Anyone have any suggestions where to leave the boat and truck for the period between the two events? Anyone know anyone available for hire to move boat and truck from point-to-point?

Anything being planned for March that would warrant a third trip?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Dan Tucker

Charleston normally organizes some sort of storage.

I also may have a place to stash a boat or two in St Pete.
Race it like you stole it.

Harvey Barnes

I'm in the same boat (well not literally) as Jonathan.  I'd like to do both St. Pete's and CRW (maybe some others) but would need to simplify boat logistics (transportation & storage).  Hiking back and forth to Canada makes no sense.

Hey Brian/ Paul? I need a double combi trailer!  That way I can split the costs with Jonathan or other.

Harv

winston

might be able to work something out with you,  might be driving a j24 from texas for the midwinters, but not racing... do you have all the crew you need for st petes?  sail that one with you , haul ass to c.s.c park it, then fly home.  school permitting. 

winston
austin

John Porter

Several Savannah teams will bring crew that could drive the boat from St. Pete to Savannah.  And then on the Charleston later.

Just thinking out loud.  Nothing like volunteering your friends.

JP
Viper 26 - cool beans

Alan Block

There are also guys who do this for a living, who can move Vipers for much cheaper than the other boats.  We can do it if we're deadheaded for next to nothing, and check out one of our most valued sponsors of On-The-Water Anarchy for a more professional approach.  Latis (latisyachtingsolutions.com) has a wedge trailer that can easily hold two vipers+trailers, and the move on the wedge, the trailers get no wear and the boats are way off the ground so avoid pebble dings and tar.  I'm not here to gratuitously pimp, just to give people a failsafe option.