2018 Marblehead Race Week (NOOD's) July 27-29

Started by Cole Constantineau, June 13, 2018, 09:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole Constantineau

Hi Everyone!

We're excited to invite you all to this year's Marblehead Race Week!  This midsummer classic promises to be a great time in the Viper class--  We are expecting to have 10+ boats on the line, and we promise some good Marblehead hospitality!  The Viper class is planning on racing the event as a 3 day affair, sign up here:

https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=4475

Please reach out if you have any questions or would like help with a place to stay/berth etc..

Cheers,

Cole

Gary Annino

Cole

any ideas on places to stay?

Thanks
Gary
USA 109

Cole Constantineau

Hi Gary!

In general, most of the Marblehead fleet is actually down in Boston in somewhat small housing situations (but I'm sure we could find space for you ;))  We do have one fleet member in Marblehead proper who may have some room--I'll check in on that.  Otherwise, definitely the best bet for accommodations will be the airBNB route either in Marblehead or in neighboring Salem.  Hotels in the Salem area work well too..  Finally, there's accommodations in Boston YC, but I'm not sure if they're spoken for yet...it's best to check them out here:  https://www.bostonyc.org/hotel

Right now we're up to 9 boats, all but one is local (we're excited to see you Mark!).  I think we may have one more showing up from Maine for the event, and I've heard rumors about a few Mudheads making the trip north...  It would be great to see people in Marblehead after NA's!! :)

Cheers,
Cole

Gary Annino

Cole Constantineau

Thanks for signing up Gary!  We're really excited to have you up in Marblehead in a few weeks!

For others out there on the fence, late fee kicks in after this Friday (July 13th) so it's time to sign up now!  We should have 10+ boats on the line in this mid-summer classic!

Cheers,
Cole

Cole Constantineau

Anyone else want to make the trip up to Marblehead this week?  It promises to be a really nice 3 day regatta, we have 12 boats signed up and ready to go!

Olaf Bleck

Hi Mhd/NE Viperers!

I am--as it turns out--making a rare, completely unscheduled appearance in Marblehead (I had to come to Boston for some stuff, and Kay informed me that NOOD's we happening, can't miss that).  So anyway, scrambling to get it together, and looking forward to seeing some old faces from the fleet and meeting new ones!

A few things--

1) If anyone needs last minute crash space, my place in Chelsea (about 40 min from Parker's) is empty.  Bring something to sleep on and a towel.  Ton's of space, but not much if any furniture.  (Looking for a new tenant, the whole point of the trip).

2) Also, if any vipers are registered but can't make it last minute, let me know and I'll buy your entry off you.

3) Need crew.  Kay and Cole are looking, but I figured I'd mention it here.

Anyway, looking forward to it!

Text me for any of the above.  617-513-9841

Cheers!
-Olaf
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Cole Constantineau

Olaf!!!  We're pretty pumped to have you sailing with us this week!  :)