2015 Miami Sailing Week

Started by Peter Beardsley, October 09, 2014, 10:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Boston

We used the Standard main halyard and Jib halyard in Miami. These will change to better line as I cannot tolerate stretch... This just means we are not focusing on the race course if we are chasing the stretch all the time. If we are sailing in light air the halyards are just fine!
I will end up getting the halyards form Ed for the next event.

We (Jackpot) feel it is really important to adjust everything possible from the hiking position, if we keep reaching into the boat for small things like Cunningham the boat is not sailing to its potential.

Ed is going to post a complete list of things we do to make sailing the boat easier from the rail.

Brad

Craig Wilusz

Just ordered some Jibsheets from Sail22.  Response via email from Becky was super fast, and they asked qualifying questions.  Sail22 is going to be great for the class I feel.  Looking forward to seeing the new jib sheets. -C
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jason Hyerstay

If they spec a 2:1 job halyard upgrade kit, I will order one.
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Michelle Lee

Jason, the 2:1 jib upgrade was not hard to put in once you have the parts, but there is a small tricky bit to get the bolt through from the inside of the mast.  If you're going to come down for the GYA opener, I'd be willing to bring the few tools needed and help you - and anyone else who's there and wants to do the upgrade - put it in. 

I'm not a rigger and don't want to take business away from Sail 22 (so happy they're going to bring parts to the regattas!) so please see if they have the "kit" of parts and get the parts needed from them.  But if they don't sell such a kit, let me know and I'll post a list of the stuff you'll need to bring.

Jason Hyerstay

It would be a long drive from Vermont! :)
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info